Chapter 58: A heroes return (Arc 2)

A fog pours through the abandoned Robotropolis as the streets were filled with many Zombots as they groan while walking around trying to find anything to touch. They made a lot of groans and noises that can be heard throughout Robotropolis. We then see Y/n, Sticks, SNT, Tempest, Orbot and Cubot and Rouge hiding within a building which was build with metal so they will be safe.

They were on the second floor as Rouge looks out of the window and making sure they are clear. Once she sees the ghost is clear she sat down next to Y/n as the others breath a sigh after they have run all the way here so they will be safe.

Sticks: Huh it's a bit foggy outside.

Tempest: That's it? We nearly made it out a room filled with Zombots and that's you all have to say?

Sticks: What? I bet the Freedom fighters handle those types of situations then us.

Rouge: No. This is the first time we've faced something impossible and something......horrible.

Y/n: Rouge you need to tell us what happened and why I'd everyone is turned into those.....things?

Rouge: I'll tell you but first things first, has any of you touched anything that is metal liquid?

They look at her very confused and shake their heads for no which Rouge breaths a sigh and finally tells them what's going on.

Rouge: Okay to start we were battling Eggman and his forces at the abandoned mine. Amy and Sonic head in to see what they found when they came out, Sonic was covered by this metal liquid and soon thus huge ship came out from the ground and start pouring out this metal liquid that start infected anyone who was on the ground. Some managed to escape but some were infected.

SNT: (shocked) My goodness.

Tempest: Wait what about this Civil war? I thought the Freedom fighters were fighting each other?

Rouge: Well it turns out Starline was behind all of it and use Minic to disguise himself as Sally's father so in hopes to make him as a villain. Fortunately Tangle and Whisper managed to ruin Starlines plan.

Y/n: When was this?

Rouge: That was when you left the Freedom fighters.

Y/n: I see.

Rouge: Anyways soon most towns, villages and cities were infected by what "he" calls it a Metal virus.

Sticks: Whose he?

Rouge: He calls himself The Conquest and he wished to take over the world with his metal virus and his Zombot army. It's unknown where he came from or who made him but his goal is to infected the whole world with the metal virus and soon infected other planets across the stars.

Orbot: What about Dr Eggman? What happened to him?

Rouge: I believe he along with Starline is working with what remains of the Freedom fighters so they can find the cure.

Y/n: Any luck so far?

Rouge: Well I heard that Tails almost got the cure when his lab was attacked by Zombots and he lost all data. Amy try to hold out Knothole after Sally was infected but that place soon to fell apart and most of the Freedom fighters were infected.

Y/n:.....Tell me.....who are the once that were infected?

Rouge: Charmy was the first to be infected. He try to save someone that was infected but he didn't came back. Shadow was infected but he tries to take off his rings so he can burn off the virus but it wasn't long until he ran out and he too was infected. There were a lot of people who were infected at Knothole and the only once that made it out there without being infected......were Amy, Espio, Cream and Gemerl.