Chapter 79: Black Arm war (Arc 5)

Maria steps out of her pod and once out she look around the lab with curiosity as she look around the monitors and everything around the room. She then turn to see Y/n looking shocked since it is possible for Maria to be alive especially being a Mobian.

Maria: Is something wrong?

Y/n: N-No it's just-

Maria came over and gently touch his quill which surprised him while Maria is amazed and said.

Maria: Your a real hedgehog and yet you look and speak like a human. How amazing!

Y/n: Um Well your also a hedgehog as well.

She looked confused until she look at her hands and her body. She find a monitor and carefully look at her own reflection to see that he is right.

Maria: (surprised) How did this happen?! None of thid make any sense.

Y/n: Say Maria? Do you remember anything about your past?

Maria: Let's see.......I remember getting tired after playing around with Shadow so I sent to bed. That was the only thing I remembered. Next thing I know I woke up here and met you.

Y/n: I see.

Maria: Are you apart of Grandpa's experiments?

Y/n: Experiments? What are you-.......wait......you don't know what happened here?

Maria: Um no? Is something wrong?

Y/n look around the room and then he goes on to explain to her what happened and after he told her she is shocked as she started to feel weak and soon sat on the floor.

Maria: (shocked) 50 years.......th-that can't be possible. Does that mean.....grandpa and everyone on board?

Y/n: All dead. I'm sorry.

Realising this she begins to cry. She cries as the door open and Y/n turn to see everyone else. Y/n singals everyone to leave the room for a bit which they did as Maria continues crying for the next few minutes.

(Later)

We see everyone gathered at the control room with Maria sat on a chair and still feeling sad. Tangle came over to support her while we see Y/n and Rogue across the room and talking about Maria.

Y/n: A clone version of Maria? But how is that possible?

Rogue: Maria was sick remember and knows that she will die so in order to save her Gerald Robotnik must have copy her mind and place it into a clone that suppose to look like Maria.

Y/n: That explain that. The note did say Maria is the only hope against a upcoming threat? Does that Maria is a key to defeating the Black Arms?

Rogue: It's possible but we need to gather more intal. I'll take Omega to search around while you stay here with the girls.

Y/n: Right. Stay safe.

She then kissed him on the lips which he kiss her back. The stop and she tells him with a smirk.

Rogue: (smirk) You too handsome.

She and Omega leave the control room and once they gone Y/n walks over to the girls and see Maria gently stroking Tangle's tail  which makes Tangle feel satisfied.

Y/n: Everything okay here?

Tangle: (smile) Feels great.

Maria: I never know you have a long tail. Can it move?

Tangle: (smile) You know. Can do some sick tricks with it and Y/n likes it as well.

Y/n: (blush) Let's not go deep with that fact.