Chapter 39: A new king

We see the abandoned Robotroplis as it sit there in silence while the streets and roads were all clear from any robots by people who either enter the city to gather some robotic parts or taking the bots to reprogram them for their own. But disbite he city look abandoned we see Vector, Charmy and Espio walking through the empty city as they look around to see no robots in site while they continue their walk.

Charmy: Remind me again why we are here?

Vector: Yeah this place is giving me the creep. I know we are detectives but can you tell us why we are here?

Espio: Remember those reports about laughter and people hear machinery being turned on? Well if no one is going to find out what these noises are then it's up to us to find out.

Charmy: (scared) Still it's kinda spooky. Especially all those rumours about a ghost of Eggman hunt this city.

Vector: Charmy there is no such thing as ghost. Eggman is gone for good, Sonic told us about it months back.

Espio: I'm not too sure. Look.

They stop and look up ahead and see a army of bots online while carrying cargo as they walk towards someqhere while the trio watched.

Charmy: Are those Eggman's bots?

Vector: But those bot were suppose to be offline right?

Espio: Something isn't right. Come on, let's follow them.

The trio hide within the shadow as the last bot disappeared around the corner so they turn the corner and follow the bots while trying not to get caught. Soon they turn around a corner and stop and see a huge factory they have ever seen and it seems to be online as smoke is seen coming out through the six chimneys as the trio looked at it.

Vector: (shocked) What the heck is this? I've never this factory here in my life.

Charmy: You think it's ours?

Espio: No. Someone is behind this. Let's investigate further.

Vector: Right.

The trio make their way inside to investigate even more and try to figure out who they are facing and what is this person making.

(Meanwhile)

At Knothole we see Sonic return to Knothole after a long trip across the world and feels great to be home. He sees everything has changed since he was gone and he felt happy to be home. He decided to make a stop at Y/n's home so once there he knock at his door which he hears soke footsteps and then the door open.

Sonic: (smile) Yo Y/n! Guess who is ba-wow what happened to you?

We see Y/n's quills was a bit of a mess while he breaths heavily while his cheeks were blushing as tells Sonic while in a nervous tone.

Y/n: (nervous) U-Um you don't wanna know.

Sonic: Oh....Well guess who's back!

Y/n: (smile) Welcome back Sonic.....unless....you are the real Sonic right?

Sonic: (smile) The one the only. Why?

Y/n: Sorry let's just say we've faced someone who can disguise himself as anyone he wants. But still good to see you here Sonic. How was your long trip?

Sonic: (smile) Pretty good, been through a lot of adventure and got to difficulted situations.

Y/n: (smirk) Like the ocean?

Sonic:......Yep.

Y/n lend out a chuckle while a warm wrap around Y/n as Rouge's head is show resting on his shoulder as she kiss Y/n on the cheeks while she turns to Sonic.