December 22nd, 2019

Meanwhile, in present time:
Matt's POV: As I sit in the bar at Molly's after my last shift of 2019, I smile considering that meant I was now less than 24 hours away from going to see my girl in Puerto Rico. My bags were packed and all ready to go for my 6 am flight tomorrow morning. Honestly, I was still in disbelief that we've been able to keep up this long distance...but I am glad we have. I just hope that someday she can come back or I can work up the guts to go there. Severide then looked at me.

"So, am I going to be welcoming you back in the New Year or are you going to be staying in Puerto Rico?" I laughed when he said that. "Honestly, since she visited a month ago...I have been questioning whether I should've gone in the first place. I mean, she's my wife and I don't care anymore. We've talked all the time. She was miserable here. I've seen such a difference in her. She's healthier and everything down there. Heck, she's even been looking at orphaned kids."

Severide nodded. "Uh oh, looks like you might be getting the title daddy again if she comes back with a kid." I nodded. "Would you be opposed to that?" I shrugged. "I am still thinking about it. But, if she does come back permanently...I am not going to make the mistake to let her go. If she wants to try when we come back...I think we should. I have done the research and there are specialists that deal with this. We could probably get someone to help us through it safely."

Severide nodded. "Honestly, you and Dawson deserve to have your own kid. Enough with the whole safety thing man. This is Dawson we are talking about. She's going to make it through the pregnancy with flying colours." I smiled and agreed with him when he said that. "Just need to talk about where we would do it. If she wants to do it in Puerto Rico...then I am totally moving there. But, if she came back here it'd be nice. Then, we'd get to go through it together."

Stella then looked at me while giving me a beer. "You guys really need to get your act together." I laughed when she said that. "Look who's talking. Me and Gabby were married for how long you guys have been dating so far." They both agreed and nodded. "Actually, happy belated anniversary to you two." I was about to answer when I heard Gabby speak to Stella. "Thanks girl. You could've sent a text. I still have phones down there in Puerto Rico."

Turning to look at her, I was shocked. "Gabby?" Gabby then smiled at me while I got up and went to hug her. "Hey, what are you doing here?" Gabby then stepped close to me before going to kiss me softly. "I decided to come here instead of you coming down. Needed to see our friends this time around." I smiled when she said that. "When did you get in town?" Gabby then smiled at me. "Maybe two hours ago. I went to the appartment already. You packed up to go?"

I laughed and nodded. "Yeah, I was excited to see my girl. But now, you're here. So come sit down and rest. You must be exhausted." Gabby nodded when I said that. "Can I speak to you in the back first?" I then smiled when she said that. "Guys, I am going to take her out back to talk." Severide then laughed when I said that. "Sure, talk by swapping spit." I then went to get up and grabbed Gabby's hand, really happy she came here to spend Christmas with me.