Chapter 17

Matt's POV: Once I finished making me and Gabby some lunch, I smiled when I came back to bed to see her watching TV. "You already talk to your mom?" Gabby nodded. "Yeah, I did. She understands." Going to give her some soup and soda crackers, I smiled at her. "This should help because it isn't solid. And soda crackers help I think." Gabby nodded. "Yes, thanks baby. Now can you sit down with me or do you have to get you some lunch." I nodded. "I am going to get you some water okay?" Gabby nodded and agreed as she started eating. Quickly running back out to the kitchen, I went to grab my sandwich and some waters for us.

Once I had everything, I smiled as I came back to bed. "I don't know why I am smiling but is it wrong for me to be happy you are sick consisdering it's because you are pregnant?" Gabby then looked at me and smiled. "Considering it's because I am pregnant...I think I can forgive you for smiling at the fact that I am sick." I then laughed when she said that, getting back in bed. Grabbing my sandwich, I then looked at her. "God, I am going to be cooking so much. I just hope I am as good as the candidate." Gabby then nodded. "That's the italian looking guy right?" I laughed and nodded. "Yeah, his name is Blake Gallo. I recruited him personally."

Taking a bite of her sandwich, she smiled. "I am sure you made a good choice. Last time I checked, you have excellent choices in candidates." I smiled when she said that and nodded. "That I do. By the way, I still hate what that stupid fire chief said. That was disgusting." Gabby then looked at me. "Does me being pregnant again remind you what he said?" I sighed and nodded. "I am never going to forget that because it was disgusting. I was your boyfriend. Work has no place in the bedroom. If we want to have kids, we have every right to do so." Gabby smiled when I said that. "Yes we do. By the way, I forgot to mention. Blake's pretty cute."

I then stared at her. "Excuse me?" Gabby then came to looked at me. "Oh relax, I am not interested in anybody other than my amazing husband and the father of my child." I smiled when she said that. "Good, because I am not interested in anybody other than my beautiful pregnant wife." Gabby smiled when I said that. "Remember what you just said when I am big and fat." I then looked at her. "Hey, you are not going to be big and fat, you are going to be beautiful and pregnant with our child. I don't want to hear you call yourself fat ever okay?"

Gabby smiled when I said that. "You are amazing, you know that right." I smiled when she said that and nodded. "I know." Gabby then went to smack my chest. "God, that better not be something our child inherits from you. If they are just as cocky as you...I am not going to be impressed." I laughed when she said that. "But you like it when I am cocky don't you?" Gabby then smiled. "Yes because I am used to you doing it. Oh by the way, don't even think you are going to already call this baby the future Candidate. I am not sure what I want for them yet."

I nodded and agreed. "Oh, they are going to be involved in the firehouse somehow...I am already calling it." Gabby laughed when I said that and smiled. "You know what, you are probably right. By the way, how's Boden doing? He going to be open to you taking time off when I need to go to appointments?" I then looked at her. "Hey, you don't need to worry about that. I am going to be there at every appointment without a doubt. I don't care whether I need to take a ride just to do it...I am not missing any of this. When I say we are in this together, I mean all of it." Gabby smiled when I said that, grabbing my ear before rubbing my cheek.

"How about we both finish eating? Then we can do something we never got to do for our last baby." I then looked at her. "And what's that?" Gabby smiled. "We can think of names." I then looked at her and nodded. "God, we are going to be able to name our baby. That's going to be amazing." Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded. "Then finish eating and we can work on names. And we can also hold each other close while watching TV. Sorry if I am so clingy right now, I want to just hold you close and enjoy this little secret of ours. I mean..."

I nodded and understood. "I know what you mean. You mean other than the little circle of people who already know. I get it Gabby. Now listen, let's just finish eating. Then we can do exactly that." Gabby nodded and smiled when I said that, ready to talk about possible names we like for our child.