Chapter 9

Matt's POV: As I walked out to the kitchen to make us some breakfast after our morning shower, I thought about what Gabby likes to eat again. I haven't made her breakfast in a while. Heck, normally I just eat at the firehouse even when I am not on shift. Either that or I go to a restaurant. But now, I need to cook more and start learning. That's when I decided to just go something simple, eggs and toast. I don't think I have bacon unless Gabby brought some.

That's when I went to check the fridge and went to look at the meals she brought. Coming out of the bedroom, Gabby smiled at me. "The blue one is my mom's breakfast. I made it with her help while I was down there." I then turned to look at Gabby when she said that. "Just curious, what are your parents' thoughts about all this? I know Antonio is somewhat supportive, he texted me. I can tell he's also worried about you but...your dad is something I am worried about."

Gabby then bit her lip. "By the way, that job he got a couple years ago...it fell through." Turning to look at her, I got scared. "What?" Gabby then walked over to me. "Hey, relax. I already told him not to bother you. You are not going to have to go through him living here again. I don't want to have to watch me go through this pregnancy anyways. He'll probably just complain that you are doing everything wrong anyways." I sighed and looked at her. "I hate to agree."

Gabby then pushed me when I said that. "Just for that, you are done with the sex until the end of this pregnancy." I then laughed when she said that. "Sure, you keep telling yourself that you are going to be able to wait that long." Gabby just shook her head. "Okay, I am going to play this card once...I am putting my life on the line to give us a baby. I get this was my choice at first but...I am not going to do anything that might put our baby on the line. Aneurysm pop..."

I then looked at her. "You trying to convince me that this isn't a good idea when I said that I was following your lead last night? Remember, I said that I would support you on the condition that I get to pull out at any time and that you would respect my wishes and terminate the pregnancy. You make threats like that...and I am literally going to get so scared that I am going to going to beg our doctor to either put you on bed rest or I am going to advocate for an abortion."

Gabby then looked at me and nodded when I said that. "Right, you did say that." I then sighed while walking over to her. "Listen Gabby, I guess I am just scared. We really need to talk okay? We need to figure out what we can say around each other. I don't want to scare or stress you out. And I hope you want to do the same for me. Gabby, you are my wife. And if our baby here puts your life on the line, we are done okay? Not us...I mean the pregnancy. I can't loose you."

Gabby nodded when I said that before going to step close to me. Kissing me softly, she just wrapped her arms around me and held me close. "Listen, it's early and we still need to wake up. Can you maybe just make breakfast and then come join me in bed?" I sighed when she said that. "Gabby, please stay. I don't want to wait until then. I am sorry okay? I haven't lived with you in over a year and stuff has changed around here. I mean, have you noticed my hair at all?"

Gabby then looked at it and smiled. "Right, it's shorter. I knew it was different. Tugging on it while we were in bed just felt different in a good way." I smiled when she said that. "Listen, just come here...sit on the counter and we can just take a breather and relax for a bit. Plus, I wouldn't mind getting to touch my girl while she kisses me a couple times." Gabby smiled when I said that before walking over to me. "Help me onto the counter then?"

I nodded when she said that. Standing in front of me, I went to pick her up and then went to put her on our counter. Looking at her, I smiled as I went to kiss her softly. "I am going to say this again to remind you okay? I am with you in life, I am with you in this pregnancy, I love you and I am always going to want you first. You are my wife, you are the love of my life and I am always going to put you first. Babe, I can't loose you." Gabby nodded when I said that.

"And you won't. No matter what, I am never leaving you again. And I need to tell you this. I am not going to hold any decisions we make about this pregnancy against you. I know you are going to do what's best for us and that's all that matters." I smiled when she said that. "But listen, we need to figure out who we are going to tell. Your brother knows and that's it. Are we going to tell anybody else?" Gabby then bit her lip. "I want to tell Boden."

I was confused when she said that. "Why do you want to tell Boden?" Gabby sighed when I said that and looked at me. "Matt, I need you to promise me this again. You can't ever say goodbye to me again. And you need to be careful around fires. You promised me that we are in this together. You can't keep that promise if you are sloppy when you are on the fires. Matt, you need to promise me that you will always come back to me. Do it again."

I nodded when he said that. "I will always come back to you and our child. Forever." Gabby nodded when I said that before looking into my eyes. Stepping close to her, I went to kiss her softly. Gabby smiled when I did that before going to hug me. Holding her close, I could tell she was scared and she had every reason to. My job was dangerous and I could easily loose my life and never get a chance to meet our child, or children if it's twins.

Continuing to rub Gabby's back, I just tried to give her the reassurence that she needed to know that I am going to be safe when it comes to fires. "Listen, you are getting stressed. And that is not good for any pregnancy. But when it comes to yours Gabby, I want you to be extra cautious. So do me a favor and go lay down in bed, turn the TV on and we can watch your recordings okay? If you ever get stressed, you tell me and we will relax."

Gabby agreed with me when I said that before kissing me softly. "See you upstairs?" I nodded when she said that. "Yes. By the way, one more thing...you are going to come to shift with me. I don't care if you don't work at the firehouse. I am going to want you there at the house with me so I can know you are safe. At least for a while okay? I know I am being paranoid but..." Gabby grabbed my face when I said that and went to kiss me softly.

"There is nowhere I would rather be. Now finish making breakfast because mama and baby are hungry." Gabby then got up, gave me a quick kiss before walking away while swaying her hips. Looking at her, I just shook my head. "God, you are going to be the death of me woman! Why must you be so sexy!" Gabby smiled when I said that before going to get in bed, ready to cuddle up to me once breakfast was ready.