Chapter 29

Matt's POV: After making our way home together, I smiled as me and Gabby walked into the apartment. Taking off my jacket, I then looked at her as she gave me her jacket. "I swear, they always say that when women are pregnant...they are glowing. I think I know what they mean now." Gabby then turned to look at me and smiled. "Yeah, it just means we are really happy. And I am, about the baby. Not so much about the morning sickness." I nodded and understood what she meant. "Hey, well you can also be happy about Christmas. I got you something and you are going to love it. I promise you can get it soon. In fact, I might want to give it to you early."

Gabby looked at me. "Oh really? What changed your mind?" I then smiled at her while walking up to her. "Because I already got my Christmas gift." I then went to rub her stomach and smiled. "By the way, I am so glad we told everybody. I would hate to have to tiptoe around everybody." Gabby nodded and agreed with me. "I just hope that it wasn't a mistake to tell people." I nodded and knew what she meant. "Gabby, this time around...we are getting our baby. I promise." Gabby nodded when I said that. "Listen, I need to get out of this dress. Mama needs to breathe." I nodded when she said that and smiled at her. "Go get changed in the bedroom."

Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded while walking away to our room so that she could go get changed. "Oh babe, first...let me help you." Gabby was confused when I said that and walked back over to me. I then turned her around and went to undo her dress for her. "There, that might make it easier to get undressed." Gabby nodded and smiled. "Thanks. Now, I am going to be back. Can you make me hot chocolate? I think you can drink that while pregnant." I then shook my head. "Nope, you can't." Gabby then looked at me. "And how do you know that for certain?" I then laughed. "Because I lived with a medical student while my sister was pregnant."

Laughing, Gabby smiled when I said that. "Good point. Now, I am going to get changed. Can you turn the fire on and make me some tea instead? I would love to just cuddle by the fireplace for a while. It's a good way to end the night." I smiled when she said that. "I like that idea." Walking away to the room, Gabby smiled when I said that. Meanwhile, I went to grab the kettle so that I could make some tea for Gabby. But first, I decided to go get Gabby's gift in my sidetable. As much as I knew I should give it to her tomorrow or the day after on Christmas...I wanted her to have it. I have waited too long for her to wear it.

Quietly sneaking in, I went to grab it out of my sidetable before looking at it. "God, you are going to love this gift." I then closed it before walking back out to the living room. Setting it down on the coffee table, I smiled as I went to set it up before walking over to the fireplace and starting it. It was electric so it was easy. But this was also going to be a nice, easy night. This is the perfect way to start our Christmas celebrations...a nice quiet (non-intimate) night by the fireplace with my girl in my arms while we cuddle under a blanket with your baby safe in our arms. Once that was all done, I made my way back to the kitchen to start the hot chocolate. 

That's when I heard Gabby come out of the bedroom. "Babe, I am going to take a shower okay? I just feel like I need to wash up. I feel icky for some reason." I then turned to look at her. "You do whatever you need to do okay Gabby? I am just going to make us our drinks. I already turned the fireplace on and we can cuddle on the couch when you are done." Gabby smiled when I said that. "Can you changed for bed? If I get comfortable, I don't want to have to move to get in bed. We can sleep there." I nodded and agreed with her. "Sure thing. Just let me start the drinks. Then, I am going to get changed." Gabby smiled and agreed with me, going to get in the shower.

Meanwhile, I went to start our drinks so that they were done when she was done in the shower and I was changed.