Chapter 110

8 Hours Later - Cancun General Hospital:
Matt's POV: As I sat in Gabby's hospital room at the Cancun General Hospital, I felt horrible. This was not how I wanted to spend our honeymoon and I just hate even more that I missed the signs. That's when I heard Antonio rush in. He got an emergency flight from Chicago to Cancun after I called him. I was just scared of what he was going to say. I mean, he said it was okay but maybe this wasn't the best idea after all. I swore though that I gave her enough fluids or water.

"Matt, how is she?" I then went to get up and sighed as I went to hug him. "She's going to be okay. She was just really dehydrated. I don't know how I missed it but...she wanted to go to the hotel suite and rest. I wasn't going to just stay, I was going to surf a bit since it was gorgeous out. Please don't be mad." Antonio then shook his head. "Man, relax okay? It's your honeymoon too." I sighed when he said that. "Gabby said that same thing but, I had this feeling it was a bad idea."

Antonio just sighed. "You are regretting this entire honeymoon aren't you?" I sighed and nodded. "Yeah, and we are only 24 hours into it. I mean, she's pregnant with twins and tired. And then I bring her to the heat where she can overheat and get even more tired. Brilliant idea." Antonio just looked at me. "Dude, it was a good idea. Don't doubt that." That's when I heard Gabby wake up. "If Antonio says that, I have to agree. Where are we babe?" I then walked over.

"Hey, you're okay. The baby's okay. You just got really dehydrated today. I came back from surfing and you were passed out on the bed." Gabby then looked at me and went to grab my hand, feeling bad for me. "Oh god..." I nodded and went to sit down next to her on the bed, wrapping my arm around her. "How are you feeling right now?" Gabby then put her hand on her stomach. "I am tired still." I nodded and agreed with her. "I know, I am so sorry babe."

Gabby just looked at me as we held each other. Kissing her forehead, I looked at Antonio and sighed. "You said this would be a good idea for us. You are taking some of the blame for this." Antonio laughed and agreed with me. "Understood. I should've thought about the heat. I regret that now. I just thought that Gabby could handle it because she was in Puerto Rico all that time." I nodded and understood what he meant. I then looked at Gabby, smiling at her.

Gabby sighed when I said that and nodded. Kissing her forehead, I went to look down at her. "We can just call this a vacation okay? We are not calling this a honeymoon." Gabby nodded and agreed with me. "We still have time off so we can figure something else to do in Chicago." I smiled when she said that. "I was thinking we could do a road trip from Houston to Chicago but...we don't have winter clothes or a car." Antonio laughed when I said that.

Antonio then decided to sit at the end of Gabby's bed and just looked at her. "I have an idea. What do you say instead of staying here in Mexico...you can fly back to the Bahamas with me? You can come see Diego and Eva. I mean, yeah you saw them at Christmas when they went to visit mom but...they are back in the Bahamas before school now." 

(Note: I know this is a change but....it's necessary for the storyline. So instead of Eva and Diego having stayed in Chicago with their mom, they all moved with Antonio to the Bahamas).

Gabby then looked at me and smiled. "I mean, that way we are still technically on a honeymoon. But, we are somewhere I would be more comfortable being. Do you have a guest house or room at your place Antonio?" Antonio nodded when she asked him that. "Yeah, you've been. And it's also close enough to Puerto Rico if you want to visit." Gabby then looked at the both of us and smiled at me. "Oh my, that does sound tempting. Why didn't we go there on our honeymoon?"

I smiled when she said that and nodded. "Listen...we still have to figure things out. I would have to talk to the hotel and pack up if you wanted to do that. Then, flights and stuff. But you have to choose. Are we going to Puerto Rico to see your friends as our honeymoon? Or are we going to the Bahamas to see Antonio?" Gabby then bit her lip and smiled. "I would rather not risk it. If you bring me to Puerto Rico...I might not want to leave." I nodded and understood.

"But listen, something that I am going to insist on doing is getting an ultrasound done to check on the babies. Are you okay with that?" Gabby nodded and agreed with me. "I think that's the best course of action." I smiled and nodded when I went to kiss her quickly. "Antonio, can you stay with her? And maybe call your kids in the Bahamas...tell them that we are going to stay with you. I know you are not going to let us stay in a hotel there." He laughed and nodded. "I won't."

Walking out to the nurse's station, I went to ask them to do an ultrasound on Gabby.