Chapter 108

Matt's POV: After ordering lunch, I smiled when I gave the waitress my menu back. Waiting for her to walk away, I went to grab a sip of water when we were finally alone again. Looking at Gabby, I smiled at her and grabbed her hand. "Okay, now that she's gone...can we talk about that? I know I should've brought this up sooner because I know it's hard on you. But, how are you doing after that?" Gabby sighed and looked at me. "It's hard. I want to be happy here but seeing him just made it a bit harder. I mean, I thought of Shay when I should've been thinking about how intimate me and you were getting in the pool. I feel really guilty about that."

I nodded and understood where she was going with this. I already knew she felt guilty because she has been a bit more reserved since we left the pool. "I could tell Gabby. You haven't been as open to me at times." Gabby sighed when I said that and went to push a strand of hair behind her ear. "I'm sorry about that babe. I really am." I nodded and understood. "Hey, relax Gabby. I understand where you are coming from. You think it's easy seeing Voight on my honeymoon when he was the one that killed my ex-fiancé?" Gabby then nodded and smiled at me. "So, you understand exactly how I am feeling right now." I nodded and smiled at her.

"I just hate that it involved Hallie. I keep beating myself up over this. I am bringing her up a lot in our marriage and that's not right." Gabby sighed when I said that and nodded as she went to rub my hand. "Just remember that someday, you are going to need to work with him a lot more. I can already see this babe, you are going to be Chief somewhere in the city. And I hate to say this but...remember when Boden asked if you would want to take a chief job if it was ever offered to you at another firehouse?" I nodded and agreed with her. "I think you really should consider it. I mean, not that it's because I want to leave 51 but we might have to...for financial reasons."

I nodded and understood what she was talking about. Twins are going to be expensive and a Chief's salary is much more than a Captain's salary. If I could get that salary, I would be much better off when it comes to the kids and Gabby. Maybe she wouldn't even have to work. That would be nice. I don't want her to have to worry about working when we are going to have twins. I want her to be able to be a stay-at-home mom. "Just curious, have you thought about what you are doing job wise post-birth? I know it's our honeymoon but..." Gabby then sighed when I said that. "I am going to have to work at OFI. Your salary isn't enough."

I nodded and understood. "I hate to say it but...I agree. Especially with us going ahead with buying a new house. Between the baby expenses, the mortgage and then our daily expenses...that's going to be a lot. But, I want you to take whatever maternity leave that you can and take all of it. I am going to take all the paternity leave I can to help." Gabby agreed and smiled when I said that. "But don't call it helping. It's called taking care of your kids. And I never want to hear you say watch or babysit...it's called taking care of your kids." I smiled and agreed with her. "Of course." Gabby smiled when I said that before going to take another sip of water.

That's when I saw the waitress come back with our salad. "Here is your salad." I agreed and smiled when she said that. "Thanks." Walking away again, I went to look at Gabby as she grabbed her plate. Putting some salad on it, I then went to grab myself some as well. "Remind me later to look at what we can do at the spa tomorrow. I am giving you a spa day as a couple tomorrow. We need it." Gabby smiled and nodded. "And then the day after, swimming with dolphins. After that kayaking and a 1/2 spa day." I agreed and smiled. "I promise, whenever you need time at the spa...you got it." Gabby nodded and smiled when I said that.

I then thought about it. "We still doing a walk down the beach after lunch, you know after we get changed or would you rather do something else?" Gabby then bit her lip and just looked at me. She then smirked and I knew what she had on her mind. "You are thinking about that aren't you?" Gabby then smiled. "We need to change our minds. What better way than letting me give you some attention in bed?" I laughed when she said that. "I think it's the other way around missy." Gabby then smiled and nodded as she looked at me. Grabbing her glass of water, she lifted it up and looked at me. "To us and many years of marriage ahead of us with our kids."

I nodded and smiled when she said that before going to hit her glass. We then both went to take a drink of water as we prepared to head back to the suite after lunch so that we could rest and maybe even get in bed together.