Chapter 33

A Couple Hours Later (9:30 AM)
Matt's POV: As I wake up in bed that morning, I smile as I feel Gabby lay down on my chest in bed. Rubbing her back as I hold her close, I couldn't help but be happy to have my girl here in my arms where she belongs...in our bed every morning for the rest of our lives. Something else that made me even happier? Our future child was in between us. God, I love saying that. Our future child. I didn't realize how much I wanted it too until it actually happened. It's scary but, it also feels so right. That's when I felt Gabby start to stir and kiss my neck.

"Matt, you awake?" I nodded when she asked me that. "Yeah, everything okay?" She then turned my head and went to kiss me softly. "I just forgot how quiet you slept sometimes. No snoring and you barely breathe." I nodded when she said that. "I am sorry babe, I know it scares you but I am okay. I promise." Gabby nodded when I said that before going to kiss me softly. "Good, because I need you to be 100% when you take me in your arms right now." I then laughed when she said that before opening my eyes. "You hormonal?" Gabby nodded and smirked.

"That and I want to try and convince you to spend the day with my mom." I nodded and agreed with her. "As long as you promise never to say that in bed again. This bed is a place for love and our kids. We do not talk about anybody but us and our kids in here." Gabby nodded when I said that before smirking as she went to wrap her arms around my neck. Grabbing her back, I smiled as I went to kiss her softly. Rolling over ton top of her, I smirked when I looked into her eyes. "I love you Gabby." Gabby smiled when I said that. "I love you too Matt Casey, Sr."

I laughed when she said that before smiling. "Oh my god." I then went to roll over onto my back and looked at Gabby. "What?" Gabby then rolled over onto her side and just stared at me. "If we do it...we name our possible son Matthew James Casey, Jr. That makes me Mr. Matthew James Casey, Sr. and you Mrs. Matthew James Casey, Sr." Gabby smiled when I said that. "And our son's nickname will have to be MJ. But that's cute if we are being honest." I nodded and smiled while going to grab her hand. Intertwining our fingers, I just held her close.

"We taking a shower together this morning? And have we decided whether we are going to church tonight or not. Because I know we are going to your mom's today for lunch. I think that's the better idea. I want you alone on Christmas. Either that or we can go work the soup kitchen at the firehouse." Gabby smiled when I said that. "You mean it?" I nodded. "Yeah, I know you have been biting your tongue just waiting to ask me whether we can go help tomorrow. Technically as a captain, it's mandatory I be there as an officer. I only got out of it because vacation."

Gabby nodded when I said that and smiled at me. "Then we can go help. For once, we can be there on a non-work day. I don't think we've ever done that." I nodded and smiled when she said that. I then went to lean over her and kissed her softly when I heard my phone ring. I then groaned and went to see who it is. Going to sese it was Antonio, I went to pick it up. "Hey Antonio." Antonio then spoke to me. "Hope I am not waking you up. I am just calling to confirm what we are doing for Christmas. Is it today or tomorrow and where is it?"

I then sighed. "It's today at your mom's place, right babe?" Gabby nodded when I asked. "Yeah." Antonio then liked the sound of that. "What time are you guys going to be there? I was going to come this morning. I have to go to the CPD this afternoon for the toy drive. I always played Santa and now that I am back, I get to play it again." Gabby laughed when he said that. "You better play Santa again next year, I want to bring our kid to get a picture with Santa on his uncle's lap." I smiled when Gabby said that. "And I am positive he will." I then went to whisper to her. "I am going to shower okay?" Gabby nodded and smiled at me.

"Wait, you okay with going to my mom's this morning? Antonio has to go to the CPD for the toy drive and play Santa this afternoon remember?" I nodded and agreed with her. "Yeah, we can leave right after we have breakfast. So, like I just said...I am going to take a shower." I then went to grab my towel and walked away so that I could take a shower that morning. Meanwhile, Gabby continued to speak to her brother.

Gabby's POV:
Once Matt left to go to shower, I went to continue my conversation with Antonio. "So, how are you doing? I forgot to ask if you were done your detox program." Antonio laughed when I said that. "I promise Gabby, I am clean. You just concentrate on that baby. I am so happy for you sis and I promise, I am on your side." I liked the sound of that. "Thanks Antonio." Antonio liked the sound of that. "Now listen, I am going to go so I can figure out what I am bringing to Christmas. I didn't expect to see you guys so can I just give you a check for the baby?" I smiled when he said that. "Sure, that works. Mom just gives us cash now anyways. But your kids better not expect anything unless they come today." Antonio laughed. "Just me today. Listen, talk later." I smiled and agreed with him before going to hang up, deciding to join Matt in the shower.