New Car?

Matt's POV: When Gabby brought up us possibly getting a new car, I was a little shocked. I mean, I get my work truck is starting to get old but...why do we need a new car? "Okay, that was out of the blue and really confused. What exactly are you talking about?" Gabby then sighed as she walked up to me in our room. Wrapping my arms around her, I looked into her eyes and then went to push a strand of her hair behind her ear. "Matt, you had to know this was coming. Your truck only has a front row seat. Where are we going to put the baby when they are born?"

I then realized what she was talking about and nodded. "You're right. Now, are we talking a car or a van? I mean, kids have a lot of things." Gabby then nodded. "I want to go green babe. I was in Puerto Rico and the pollution was horrible. I want to try and get something good for the environment. I want to maybe even look into getting a Tesla or something. That way, we can save money on gas that we can put towards us and the baby." I thought about it and nodded. "I actually like that idea. It'd be a good toy." Gabby was confused when I said that.

"Oh c'mon, haven't you heard about the self-driving feature? Like I wouldn't get that." Gabby laughed when I said that and nodded. "Okay, we can get that. But only if I get to drive it a lot. You can keep your work truck for work. But, the Tesla would be for us as a family." I nodded and agreed with her when I said that. "God, we are going to have to spend a lot of money on you little guy." I then went to rub her stomach and smiled. "People are going to think we are crazy with how much we have to spend." Gabby nodded when I said that. "Oh and a new home."

I then bit my lip. "I think we might have to stay here for a bit babe. I mean, don't get me wrong...I would love to move out of here but, we are talking about a lot of expenses. Between the baby's things and a new car...which is not a question of whether we need it because you are totally right that we need it. But, we also need to remember that we are going to have a lot of expenses right when the baby is born. Most importantly, all of the healthcare costs related to you giving birth. Yes, we have a fundraiser going but...I am only putting that money towards the hospital."

Gabby then looked at me. "What other big expenses are we talking about?" I then smiled. "Everything we need for a baby. Maybe we can start looking for a stroller, car seat, a crib, a changing table, a rocking chair..." Gabby then started to get worried when I said that and bit her lip. "Holy shit." I then saw she got worried and decided to bring her to the couch. "Okay here, come sit for a minute and we can do some breathing okay?" Gabby nodded and agreed with me. Sitting down on the couch, Gabby looked at me as she started to breathe.

Meanwhile, I walked away to the kitchen so that I could get her some water since that always helped calm her down. I should've known that would've made her stress out a bit. Quickly filling up a glass of water, I walked away to go give her the glass. "Here, just take a drink babe and relax okay?" Gabby nodded and agreed with me as she grabbed the glass of water. Starting to drink it, she looked at me and grabbed my hand. Meanwhile, I went to put my hand on her cheek and went to kiss it softly. "I am sorry okay. I didn't mean to stress you out."

Gabby then put her hand on her stomach and I could tell she was scared. "Matt, I am scared." I nodded and understood. "I mean, how are we expected to do these important conversations when I get overwhelmed so easily?" I then sighed while going to grab her hand and just rubbed it. "I need to do things slower...that's how we get through it." Gabby nodded when I said that before going to kiss me softly. "Listen, how about this....you just rest here and I will go do the shopping for you okay? I don't want you to get too overwhelmed. Maybe you can rest."

Gabby then agreed with me. "You going to be okay buying me the pills on your own? And maybe even some women's products? I want to get some new sweats too." I then looked at her. "How about this...you make an order for whatever you need clothes wise. Meanwhile, I am going to go get everything you like snack wise and medicine wise. How does that sound? Try and see if I can pick it up today. If not, I can go out another time. You just rest okay babe?" Gabby nodded when I said that. "Have I ever told you that you are the best?" I smiled when she said that.

Going to kiss her softly, I smiled at her. "Take a look at cars you might like too. Maybe we can do that when I get back in say an hour to 90 minutes?" Gabby nodded and smiled at me. "Just get me my snacks and medicine. I will send you picks of clothes I want that you can pick up instead of me ordering it. You can go in a woman's store for your pregnant wife can't you?" Gabby then went to make her puppy dog face and I just laughed. 

"Of course I can. Now, look up options okay?" Gabby nodded and agreed. "I will send you the list. And take 2 hours. I know the traffic will be bad okay? Bring me lunch from Molly's maybe?" I nodded and smiled when she said that, kissing her softly. "See you soon." I then went to get up before going to grab my wallet and keys from the table. "You just relax okay babe? I got this." Gabby nodded and smiled when I said that, ready to relax while I got things for her.