Chapter 39

15 minutes later at Camila Dawson's Home:
Antonios' POV: As I finished driving to my mom's place, I smiled as I went to grab the flowers I had for her. She didn't know I was in town yet and I was really happy I was going to be able to surprise her with the fact that I am in town. And even better, considering Matt and Gabby aren't here yet...I am going to be able to have a bit of time with her before she is all over Gabby. She's probably really happy for them that they are having a kid (and of course, so I am but I am just worried). Now, time to knock on the door and say hi to my mom.

Knocking on the door, I smiled as I held the flowers I bought for her. That's when I heard her through the door. "Gabriela, you know there is an open door policy here." That's when I saw her open the door and smiled. "Wrong kid ma." She then looked at me. "Antonio!" I then smiled as I went to hug her. "How are you? I am shocked you are here." I smiled when she said that. "I am good, feeling much better and honestly...I am happy to be back in Chicago. These are for you, Feliz Navidad mama." I then stepped close to her and went to kiss her cheek.

My mom smiled when I did that before helping me in. "I haven't even started cooking so, you better be staying." I smiled when she said that. "Believe me, I am staying. I want to spend time with my family. I haven't seen you guys in a while and I am just glad Gabby is home." My mom nodded and agreed as I went to close the door. Taking off my boots, I smiled as I kept my jacket on. "Take off your jacket Antonio." I then looked at her. "Mom, I am still cold. Remember, I was in the Dominican...this is still freezing." She laughed when I said that. "Good point."

I then went to walk in and smiled at her. "You remembered the no alcohol right?" She then looked at me. "Yes Antonio, your sister is pregnant." I then looked at her. "And I am a recovering alcoholic." She then remembered. "Right, of course. I am sorry, my head is just with Gabby. I mean, she is having a child." I nodded and smiled. "Just remember that you do already have two grandchildren." I then walked away to her kitchen and smiled as I went to sit in front of her on the bar stool. "Speaking of my other grandkids, how are Eva and Diego anyways?"

I smiled when she asked that. "I am just glad they are both doing good when it comes to school. Not too sure I like what Eva wants to do, she wants to be a cop like me." My mom nodded and agreed. "Hey, it's tradition..both my kids are public servants. Heck, my son-in-law is also a public servant." I nodded and agreed. "By the way, have you spoke to dad since all that happened? I just want to make sure he's not bugging you. Please tell me the divorce has been finalized." She nodded and agreed. "Yeah, it's how I got this place."

I smiled when she said that. "Well, it's gorgeous mom. Now listen, you need some help?" My mom nodded. "You were always better at the stuffing. Can you start it?" I nodded and agreed with her before going to get in the kitchen to hep. "Maybe we should try and make it without the spices though. I am not what Gabby is okay with." My mom laughed when I said that. "God, this is going to be fun...we are going to have to cook around her cravings and stuff she can't eat." I nodded and agreed with her. "Wonder if she is picky right now food wise."

My mom shrugged when I said that. "Should we wait then." I then agreed. "I am at least making the stuff I like. You know, the snacks and stuff? Sorry but, that is being made no matter what she doesn't like to eat." My mom laughed when she saw her little dog run over to the tree. "Hey!" She then clapped her hands. "No, bad Maya!" She then walked over to her little Jack Russel. Looking at her. "When did you get a dog?" She then smiled. "When you and Gabby both moved away." I nodded and agreed with her. "Sorry my kids don't visit enough."

She nodded and agreed. "It's fine, now listen...say hi to your new sister." I laughed when she said that before going to rub her head. "Hi Maya." That's when I heard my sister come inside. "Who's Maya?" My mom then turned to look at her and smiled. "Hi Gabby." Gabby then walked over to her and hugged her. "We got some drinks on the way just to let you know. Just some sodas and stuff." My mom agreed. "Where's Matt?" Matt then came in. "Oh god, you have a dog now." She then looked at him. "Yes, that's because my son-in-law didn't visit enough!" 

Matt then sighed. "Camila, I am a fire captain remember? And I have a side job. So sorry if my fire work and side job kept me busy." My mom nodded and agreed. "Sorry, you're right." I could then tell that Gabby was already getting stressed. She then looked at Matt and went to kiss him. "Get me a drink?" Matt nodded and agreed. "Sure thing." Walking over to the kitchen, he went to get a drink. Meanwhile, I walked over to Gabby in the living room to check on her (and give her a hug). Walking up to her, I just looked at her. "Not even 5 minutes into your visit and you're already stressed"

Gabby then turned to look at me and nodded as she got up to hug me. "You already picked up on that?" I nodded and smiled at her. "I think Matt did too. Listen, you guys just relax. I am going to take care of dinner with mom." Gabby nodded and agreed with me when my mom set her dog down. "Come here Maya." Gabby then smiled as she waited for Maya to join her along with Matt. "You need anything, just tell me." I nodded and agreed with him, smiling as I walked back into the kitchen. "Mom, what you need me to do next?" My mom laughed when I said that as I started to help her with supper.

Meanwhile in the living room, Matt went to sit with Gabby and gave her water to her. "God, I haven't been here in a while." Gabby smiled when he said that. "You're going to have to get used to it. I mean, we are going to be over here a lot when this one is here." Matt nodded while putting his hand on her stomach. Looking at them both, I smiled. "So, how's life been at the appartment now that Gabby's back?"