Chapter 60

Matt's POV: Once we arrived at the firehouse, I smiled as I looked at Gabby because I knew she was happy to be here. Since this was a fundraiser, I already knew that Gabby was right in her element. "You are going to help aren't you?" Gabby then turned to look at me. "Would you be mad if I thought about helping?" I shook my head. "Nope, because it's what makes you the woman I love." I then went to lean over to kiss her softly. "Just take it slow okay?" Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that before going to get out of my truck.

Getting out of my truck, I smiled as I walked around the front and then went to wrap my arm around Gabby. That's when we both saw Cindy Hermann by the cash box and Gabby smiled. "Matt, I am going to..." I then pushed her away and slapped her butt. "Just go ahead. I am going to go work on the barbecue." Gabby then looked at me, quite turned on when I did that. Meanwhile, I walked over to Boden and smiled at him. "What are you making for Christmas? Didn't know we needed the BBQ." Boden then turned to look at me and smiled.

"I am glad you could come." I nodded and agreed. "I couldn't say no to Gabby. Anyways, she needs to see you guys more. She's missed you guys and wants to be around you guys as much as possible before she has to be stuck at home a lot. Boden nodded and agreed with me. "She can come to the firehouse whenever she wants. Heck, we all missed her. If she wants to be here on shifts, then she should come." I nodded and smiled when he said that. "Good, because that was the plan. I am not going to leave Gabby home during the pregnancy." Boden then looked at me.

"Does it have anything to do with the last time you were pregnant?" I sighed and nodded. "Sure, I wasn't her husband at the time but...I just hated that she had to go through that to start without me. I should've been there from the start. I am just grateful that you were there. It's also going to screw up where she wants to work. She doesn't want to go back to OFI." Boden understood why that was. "She's scared of it happening again." I nodded when he said that. "Yeah. That and we think it might be twins. She's really big for how far along she is."

Going to grab another set of burgers for him, I went to put them on the gril. "Thanks, I was about to ask." I then laughed. "I know how many we are making. Remember, even though I wasn't going to be here originally...I was part of the planning meetings." Boden smiled when I said that and nodded. "Not that you had a choice." I then looked at him. "About that. Listen, I need to talk to you about something in my role as Captain." Boden nodded and agreed. "What's up?" I then sighed. "Is it possible that you reduce my work load? I want to be home as much as possible."

Boden understood what I meant. "Of course Matt, you just let me know how much you want to work and that's fine." I smiled and liked the sound of that. "I already told you about Gabby's uhm you know." Boden sighed and nodded. "Yeah, and it was in her medical file. I always check when they are updated." I nodded and understood. "I just want to be there as much as I can. I don't want to loose her." Boden could tell how stressed I was and nodded. "Matt, she is going to get through this. Gabriela is the strongest paramedic I've ever known."

I smiled when he said that. "Yeah, she is the strongest woman I've ever known. I got lucky twice in my opinion." Cruz then walked up to me and laughed. "I would say four times. Two amazing women, a second chance at life and now, the baby." I looked at him and smiled. "I have to agree with you. By the way, when are you and Chloe thinking of tying the knot?" Cruz smiled when I asked him that. "We are actually about to make that announcement. We are getting married April 11th at the St. Ignatius Catholic Church." 

Gabby smiled when he said that and then went to walk over to him. "By the way, I forgot to say this when I came a couple weeks ago. Felicidades Cruz!" Cruz smiled when she said that, them always speaking in spanish to each other. "Remind me to start my spanish lessons sometime babe. I need to make sure I learn so that I can join in conversations with you and our kid." Gabby then turned to look at me and smiled when I said that. "Listen, I am going to go sit down. You just concentrate on cooking. Oh by the way...Boden, come here."

Boden then turned to look at her. "What's up Gabby?" Gabby then smiled and went to hug him. "Merry Christmas Chief." Chief smiled when she said that. "Yes it is." Gabby then turned to look at everybody. "Merry Christmas everybody." Everybody nodded and smiled when she said that, really happy she is back. But probably not as much as I am considering she is back and pregnant with our child. Gabby then proceeded to sit down at a table to speak to our friends while I helped prepare some lunch for the community.