Chapter 21

"Matthew James Casey, Jr."

Matt's POV: When Gabby said that name, I was confused. "Okay, what? Sorry babe but...that is not my name. And second of all, what did I do?" Gabby then laughed when I said that. "No, I was thinking for a name if it's a boy." I then stared at her from the kitchen but smiled at her. "You want to name the baby after me?" Gabby nodded when I asked her that and smiled. "I mean, if you want to. We need to agree on a name of course, that we can't compromise on."

I smiled when she said that, grabbing some yogurt from the fridge. "I would be honored if we name the baby after me." Gabby smiled when I said that before walking over to me. Kissing me softly, Gabby just smiled while wrapping her arms around me. "I know it's really early but...I just hate saying the baby. It's our child...and I just know. We need to come up with a way to say the baby without saying that." I then smiled when she said that. "Agreed, what you thinking?"

Gabby then walked away to sit in the living room (where we both said we were going to sit when I got her snack anyways) and looked at me..."Another name I like is Eli James Casey." I then smiled when she said that. "Eli, after Shay." Gabby nodded when I said that. Putting some yogurt in a bowl, I just smiled as we thought of baby names. "I mean, if that's okay?" I laughed and agreed. "Hey, of course. Oh and Ella for a girl obviously." 

Gabby smiled when I said that. "That one I love. But still, I want to do Matthew James Casey, Jr. for a boy." I agreed with her before going to put the yogurt away. Smiling as I walked over to her, I went to go sit on the couch with her before giving her yogurt to her and wrapping my arm around her. "You aren't going to grab a snack?" I then shook my head. "Not hungry yet. I only eat morning snacks when I am at work." Gabby nodded and agreed with me.

Holding her close to me, I just smiled as I thought about the baby and how it would be like when we actually had the baby. "Is it weird for me to look at your stomach and day dream about the baby?" Gabby then looked at me and smiled. "Not at all, I find it cute and charming actually. You dreaming about what it'll be like when we have the baby is going to be amazing." I nodded and agreed with her, kissing her forehead softly. "You sure you don't want the tree?"

Gabby then smiled when I said that. "Be honest with me, you just want to put it up so it looks like Christmas in here." I smiled and nodded. "Yeah, maybe. I also need to practice for next year considering I am going to be putting it up on my own." Gabby shook her head when I said that. "No you aren't. I am going to be helping you. I promise, I am not going anywhere." I then nodded when she said that. "But you are still going to be resting. I mean, you are going to be tired."

Gabby nodded when I said that. "Tell me about it. And so are you. I hope you are going to put in for paternity leave because I am sure you are going to need it. " I nodded when she said that. "Oh believe me, I am going to take paternity leave. I am not going to miss our first few days as parents. That is going to be amazing." Gabby smiled when I said that and agreed while cuddling up to me. "I honestly keep thinking this, this is the right choice...I just feel it in my bones."

I agreed with her when she said that and nodded before hearing a knock at the door. "Did you invite anybody over?" Gabby shook her head when I said that before letting me get up. Getting up, I went to walk over to the door so that I could open it. And when I did, I smiled because it was Chief Boden. "Hey Chief." Boden laughed when I said that. "What are you doing here in town Matt? I thought you were on your way to Puerto Rico today. Then I heard you were here."

I nodded and smiled at him. "Come in. There's a reason for why I am not in Puerto Rico." Boden then nodded as he came in when Gabby got up and smiled at him. "Hi Chief." Boden the stared at her, shocked. "Gabriela Dawson, I am shocked. When did you get in town?" Gabby then smiled and went to walk over to him, hugging him. "Just yesterday. I decided to come home because I wanted to see everybody. Oh and because I am moving back anyways." Gabby smiled.

Boden smiled too. "You are now." He then turned to look at me. "Why wasn't I given fair warning? I could've spoken to HQ. I would've gladly gotten her job back on 61. I mean, if you still want it." Gabby then sighed when he said that, knowing that he was not going to stop unless we told him. "You want to tell him why you are back babe or are you going to want to keep it just within the family like we promised? I mean, if he knows...he can keep me extra safe."

Gabby bit her lip when I said that and nodded. "Chief, how about you come and join us? We have to tell you some news." He agreed and nodded, coming to sit with us in the living room so that we could tell him that we are expecting (again).