Chapter 69

Stella's POV: As I finished getting changed, I smiled when I came out to see that both Matt and Gabby were quite comfortable right now on the couch. Just shaking my head as I looked at the two of them, I smiled. "You guys look comfortable." Gabby nodded and agreed. "Yeah, but what do you expect? Unlike you...I haven't had my guys' arm around me constantly for the past couple years. Instead, I have only had it periodically until now." I nodded and agreed with her before going to grab some water. "You guys watching TV?" That's when I heard Kelly come out.

"I don't care if they aren't watching. We are not sitting in silence." Gabby then looked at me. "I don't care what you watch. All I know is right now...my brain isn't all over the place. I feel like right now, I can get a quick moment of shut eye." Matt then looked at her. "Was that the real reason you got out of bed last night?" Gabby then sighed. "It was one of the reasons. I did have to go to the washroom...being pregnant does that. But, I am not going to lie that the worries aren't there. Thinking about how this could possibly kill me isn't really the best thought."

I looked at her and nodded while going to rub her back. "You've got us here with you guys okay Gabby? You need a support system around you? You've got one here." Gabby nodded and smiled. "Thanks girl. But, I would rather not have the circle get too big. It's a lot of health stuff." Matt then went to kiss her forehead and just looked at her. "Just a warning guys, we are not moving tonight. I am comfortable and sleeping here. So, if you see us fall asleep...please just be quiet okay?" Severide nodded and agreed with him when he got us some beers. "Matt?"

Gabby then looked up at him and gave him her signature glare. "I'm pregnant you idiot. My husband does not drink while I am pregnant." I then turned to look at Kelly. "Kelly, can you please go put it away? You shouldn't have done that." Matt then went to run his fingers through Gabby's hair. "Just relax okay babe? And remember, this is going to be an adjustment period for him. He has never had to live with a pregnant woman before. And don't even bring up Renee! It wasn't your kid and you had no emotional attachment to the baby." 

Kelly then laughed when he said that and nodded. "And I also wasn't on edge the entire time." Getting up, he went to put the beers away. Matt meanwhile just sighed because he didn't like that. "Gabby, can I get up? I am going to talk to Severide." Gabby then glared at him. "You can talk to him when he sits down. I am not moving when I am comfortable. Last time I checked, New Year's Eve was coming up and there was multiple ways to celebrate in bed at midnight." That shut Matt up immediately and he just nodded while rubbing her back.

Meanwhile, I just laughed and shook my head as I went to look at their waters. "You need a refill Matt?" Matt shook his head when I asked. "I have barely touched it. However, you need to take a drink Gabby. You need more water." Gabby agreed and went to grab it from him to get a drink. "Listen, I am going to talk to Kelly in the kitchen okay?" Gabby nodded and agreed as she went to put the lid on Matt's water jug. Meanwhile, I went to the kitchen to talk to Kelly. "I swear, it's like you're trying to ruin your friendship with Matt. And even worse, my friendship with Gabby."

Kelly looked at me, seemingly confused when I said that. "Okay, how exactly?" I then sighed and looked at him. "Kelly, she's pregnant. You do not offer a pregnant woman's husband beer. And last time I checked, you knew why he was on edge." Kelly then remembered when I said that. "Oh shit, of course he's going to be on edge." I nodded and looked at him. "Matt listen, I am sorry for the on edge stuff. It's understandable that you are on edge." Matt then looked at him and nodded. "Yeah, it is. Dude, my wife is pregnant. This is my child we are talking about."

Matt then turned look at Gabby. "We already tell them that we think it's going to be..." Gabby shook her head when he asked her that. I then looked at her. "How do you already know the gender?" Gabby then sighed. "Not the gender. We think it's going to be twins." Kelly was shocked when she said that. "Wow, that's going to be a lot to deal with." Gabby nodded and agreed with him. "That's why I am a little stressed. Two kids is a lot but, at once." Matt then rubbed her back. "Okay, you remember those exercise we looked up. Just do some of them. Enough for tonight."

Kissing her head, Matt just held Gabby close. She agreed with him and just did some breathing. Meanwhile, he looked at us. "Guys, I know you are going to want to talk about the pregnancy but...I would rather not talk about it too much. Then, Gabby will get stressed and worried. She already has to worry about enough as it is. So, if we can just keep it calm around here during her pregnancy...I would really appreciate that." I nodded and agreed with him. "Of course Matt. And we are going to do the same at work for you. Isn't that right Severide?" Severide nodded.

Matt then looked at him. "By the way, when Boden retires...don't you dare try and get his job. I don't give a damn if you want it...I need it." Kelly was confused when Matt said that he needed it. "Okay, why exactly do you need it?" Matt then laughed while looking at him. "You do realize that having a kid is expensive right? Babies cost an average of $1,500 per month." That unfortunately got Gabby worried. Getting up, she looked at us all. "Excuse me." She then walked away to the bedroom, seemingly worried. Matt sighed when he watched her walk away.

"Guys, I have to go talk to her okay?" We both nodded when he said that, watching him walk away so that he and Gabby could talk in their bedroom.