Chapter 79

20 Minutes Later at the Store:
Matt's POV: As I walked around the store, I sighed as I looked at the female products. This was awkward. Not just because I was a guy in the female section (I mean of course I am fine with it because it's for Gabby) but, I still found it awkward when I didn't have another woman here to help me. That was until I heard a voice I hadn't heard in a while. "Well, last time I checked...Fire Captains don't wear panties or spanks." Turning my head, I smiled when I saw Erin Lindsay. I then laughed and smiled at her. "Oh, these aren't for me. They are for Gabby."

Erin smiled when I said that. "I heard...Antonio and Severide might've said something." I smiled as she walked up to me and then hugged me. "So, how are you? I thought you were in New York." Erin smiled and nodded. "I was until earlier this year. It's complicated but...I had to come back to get my man." I then understood what she meant. "Believe me, I know the exact situation you are in. Gabby just moved back." Erin nodded when she heard Jay. "Who you talking to babe?" I then smiled at him. "Hey man, glad you got your woman back in town?"

Jay laughed and nodded as he wrapped his arm around her. "Oh definitely, we are taking things slower though." I nodded and smiled. "By the way, nothing about this to the guys okay? I do not want to hear this at the firehouse that I was caught shopping for spanks for my wife." Jay nodded when I said that. "Hey, of course. Anyways, not the first time I was here. Just a hit...they have a little bit of lingerie over there." I then turned my head and smirked. "Thanks for letting me know but, I am not getting that for the next year in my opinion."

Jay nodded and agreed with me. "So, what's it like not being a bachelor anymore?" I then sighed. "I was never a bachelor. We never divorced. God, why do people not believe me when I say that we stayed married the entire time she was gone?" Jay then looked at me. "I never said you were a bachelor...just heard rumors you were living like a bachelor." I then sighed. "Yeah, because I had time to do that when I was working as much as possible. I tried to stay busy so I wasn't worried about my wife who was half-way around the work in Puerto Rico."

I then took a breath because I knew this wasn't the place. "Sorry, just protective of my relationship. I don't like how some people told me that I should've given up." Erin then looked at me and grabbed my hand. "Never give up on the woman you love. Honestly, I found it sweet to hear that you waited for her to come back. You must really love her to believe that she would come back some day." I nodded and smiled. "I do really love her. That's why I am so glad we are finally having a baby together. We had problems having one in the past."

Jay then agreed. "I'm sorry about that man. If you need a medical consult...I can talk to my brother." I then shook my head. "He already knows. He was the one that helped us when we lost the first baby. In fact, he's the reason we are in our current predicament." Erin was confused when I said that. "What predicament?" I then looked at him. "Okay, I am only telling you this so that you can help me with Voight. He needs to stay away from us and keep things calm." Jay nodded and agreed. "What's up?"

I then sighed. "Gabby has an aneurysm that makes her having a baby risky. But, we are going to do it because we want it too much. We are leaving it up to faith but...if Hank can stay away, it'll be helpful. We also think it may be twins." Erin nodded and agreed. "I will do my best to control Hank and your secret is safe with us. We don't need anybody else to know." I nodded and smiled when she said that. "Thanks Erin and I am glad you are back in Chicago. You with CPD or FBI." Erin sighed. "I am still at the FBI. I want to come back but...it's complicated."

Jay then nodded as he rubbed her back. "Listen, you need to get your shopping done. How about we leave him be Erin?" Erin nodded and smiled at me. "Congratulations again." I then smiled and nodded as I went to put the products I got for Gabby away. Once that was done, I walked away to the medicine area to get Gabby her nausea meds. I decided to ask the pharmacist what the best option was though because I didn't want to mess up. Now just to find one.