Chapter 43

Matt's POV: After having lunch with Gabby's family...I could help but smile since we were currently talking about some of Gabby's memories from Puerto Rico. And while we did talk about them sometimes over the phone, it was just different when we talked about them here. You could see her facial reactions and you could see how happy she was when she thought about the memories. Some of her favorites apparently has been when she was working with the orphanage. "Honestly, every weekend...I was at the orphanage." I nodded and smiled.

"Believe it or not, every time you send me pictures...I was expecting a call saying, can we adopt this kid? He is so adorable and friendly." Gabby smiled when I said that. "And what would've been your answer?" I then smiled at her. "We are not talking about this considering it will make your hormones go crazy. And you know what I mean." Gabby then nodded when I said that becuase she knew she had a very short fuse right now. God, these hormones between have benefits for me. More sex with my girl might be fun. I hope that's part of the hormones.

Gabby then looked at me because she knew what I was thinking. "Don't tell me you are thinking about that." I then smirked as I went to grab a drink of my water. "Oh c'mon, is that the only reason you are happy that I am pregnant? Because it means more time in bed." I then stared at her. "For you to even say that is insulting. Babe, I am so excited to be a dad. Why must you question that?" Gabby then looked at me and sighed. "Sorry, I wasn't thinking." I nodded and agreed with her. "And I shouldn't have snapped." She agreed with me when I said that.

"Listen, what do you say we get going? You look tired and like you could just relax in bed." Gabby smiled when I said that. "I am tired if we are being honest." I agreed with her. "Camila, the food was delicious. I am going to enjoy coming here more often when we have the baby. We both know that he or she is going to love coming to see his abuela." Camila then got up and smiled as she came to hug me. "I will love to be in your child's life. You are staying here right Gabby?" Gabby then nodded. "I mean, that's the plan. Depends what job options I get."

I then looked at her and nodded. "If we get a job opportunity in Florida, that would be fun. Then we can go to Puerto Rico on the weekends." Gabby then looked at me. "What happened to you being a Chicago guy?" I then laughed. "Oh, that went away the moment you got pregnant. Sorry but you want to go somewhere with our child, I am coming with." Gabby smiled when I said that. Walking over to her, I then went to wrap my arms around her before kissing her softly.

Gabby smiled when I did that before feeling my lips on her head. "Want to get going? You look tired and like you could just get in your PJs." Gabby nodded and agreed with me. "That sounds perfect." She then let me go and went to hug Antonio. "Promise me that you won't get hung up on Sylvie, find someone new." Antonio laughed when she said that. "I may not even be staying here Gabby. I might go back to the Dominican." I nodded and agreed with him, going to shake his hand. "Talk to the CPD first. I would love to have you here during the pregnancy."

Gabby nodded and agreed with me. "Can you go get me my jacket? I am going to talk to Antonio quick." I nodded and agreed before going to hug Camila. "Thanks again for coming." I nodded and smiled. "Of course. Feliz Navidad." She smiled when I said that. "Feliz Navidad to you too Matt. I am shocked you remember that." I laughed. "I am going to have to learn spanish for our kid's sake." Gabby smiled when I said that. Walking away, I went to grab her jacket for her.

Gabby's POV: Once Matt walked away, I looked at Antonio and smiled at him. "You really mean it Gabby?" I nodded when he said that and sighed. "Antonio, I know this is not what you want to hear but...I need you here just in case. I want you to be here to help Matt." Antonio then looked at me. "You mean?" I sighed. "Antonio, just think about it okay? Plus, you would be a good resource for him. He's never had a real dad. For him to learn from you about how to raise a child...I think it'd be really good for him. He wants your approval Antonio, always does."

Antonio nodded when I said that. "I promise that I will think about it okay?" I smiled when he said that. "That's all I ask okay? Just think about it. Plus, you will be closer to your kids. And Sylvie. I am positive that once she knows you are back...she'll come back." Antonio laughed when I said that and nodded. "But she's egnaged." I nodded. "Yeah, to a guy from the middle of nowhere Indiana. She's a city girl." Antonio nodded and agreed with me. "Now, I have to go home. My bed and PJs are calling." He laughed when I said that and nodded.

Walking away, I looked at Matt and smiled at him as I went to put my jacket on with his help. Looking at my mom and Antonio. "We'll talk tomorrow okay?" Antonio agreed. "Be safe on the roads!" We both agreed when he said that. Grabbing my hand, Matt smiled as he went to lead me out of the house so that we could go home. Looking at me as he led me to the car. "That was fun." I nodded and agreed with him. "Honestly, I just felt awkward being there. This is still the same home as when my parents were together. I am scared of what he'll think."

Matt nodded and understood. "Does he know about the aneurysm?" I then bit my lip. "I am not sure but...I am not surprised if he finds out somehow. But let's not worry about that. It's Christmas and I want to head home. We are going to work at the firehouse tomorrow anyways." Matt then smiled. "Actually, we need to stop in so we can tell Boden we'll be there." I nodded and smiled when he said that. "Anyways, I want to tell Shay." Matt nodded as he went to help me into the truck so that we could go to the firehouse.