Chapter 24

Matt's POV: After driving Gabby to the firehouse, I smiled when I turned to look at her when I realized something. "God, I am going to have to get rid of my work truck aren't I?" Gabby then turned to look at me and smiled. "I think you are. Well either that or we have to buy a van. With a kid comes a van." I smiled when she said that. "Shit, this is getting real. We are talking about having to buy a van. We never did that last time." Gabby smiled when she grabbed my hand. "Hey, at least we are talking about it. I never thought we would because this was a no go."

I nodded and understood what she meant. I then went to get out of my truck and smiled before going to run around to help her out. Gabby then looked at me and smiled. "Why thank you very much." I smiled when she said that and brought her close. "Might I say, I can't wait to take off his dress later." Gabby then smirked as she went to put her hands on my chest. "I haven't decided yet whether we are going that far so don't get any ideas. After all, I might be quite tired later." I nodded and agreed with her. Stepping close to her, I went to kiss her when I heard someone.

"GABBY!" Turning around I saw it was Sylvie. Gabby smiled when she went to walk over to hug her. "How are you?" Sylvie smiled when she said that. "Good, what are you doing back in town so soon?" Gabby smiled at me. "I am back for good. I missed my man." I smiled when she said that before going to wrap my arm around her. "Just a heads up, Antonio is in town too." Gabby then looked at me, giving me a face. I knew she wasn't happy I said that. "Oh relax Gabby, she has a boyfriend. By the way, where is Harrison?" Sylvie then laughed. "We broke up."

I then sighed. "Well then, he's all yours. Get him out of my business." Gabby smiled when I said that. "Listen Sylvie, let's go inside. I am going to just get the bombarding over with." I then turned to look at her and got nervous. "Oh, you are not getting bombarded." Gabby understood exactly why I said that. I was not going to let her get overwhelmed because she is pregnant. Anything that can cause her to get overwhelmed or cause her stress was going to be avoided at all cost. I am not going to let her loose this pregnancy. Heck, I want this baby too.

Going to grab my hand, Gabby smiled at me. "Listen, let's head inside. I want to go see Stella. I didn't talk to her much at the bar. Oh and I want to see Cruz. I heard that he is engaged?" I then laughed and nodded. "Yeah, who would've though he got married before Severide and Stella." Severide and Stella then walked up to us. "Oh shut up, we are not ready to get married. We are happy with things the way we are." I nodded when he said that and intertwined our fingers. "You making any announcements tonight?" I then looked at him, not impressed.

"Babe, just ignore him. Yes, we are telling people that I am back for good. We are going to also explain why I am back." I hoped that would shut Severide up because it gave him enough information yet, it didn't spoil the surprise in case anybody heard. "Now, can we just all go inside now?" That's when Antonio walked over to us. "Good, because I am hungry. Hope you didn't mind if I join. I want some time with my sister." I agreed and nodded, ready to head inside with Gabby and Antonio. "Just remember you are leaving after Christmas."

Antonio then laughed. "Hey, I might move back. You never know." I nodded and agreed. "That might be a good idea for reasons we can't say yet." Gabby then looked at me and I smiled. "We need somebody for date nights." Gabby then nodded and Antonio just shook his head because he walked right into that one. "Let's just get inside so we can see people. I haven't seen these people in a while either. I hope I can call them friends." Gabby nodded and smiled. "Of course you can. After all, they help protect me and Matt's lives on a daily basis."

Antonio nodded and agreed with Gabby before following us inside. That's when I saw Gabby look at the memorial we did to Otis. "Guys, go ahead. We need a minute." Sylvie then nodded, knowing what we were talking about. I then turned to look at Gabby and smiled as I went to lead her towards Firehouse 51's sacred ground. Also known as where we first saw each other for the first time a few weeks ago and where we have a memorial to Ottis, our fallen brother-in-arms who died in the line of duty earlier this year.