Chapter 107

Matt's POV: After making our way up to the restaurant, I smiled when we finally found it and walked up to the front desk. "For 2." The hostess than smiled at us. "Alcohol menu?" Gabby then looked at me and shook her head. "Not during the day okay? If it was tonight, I would be okay with it but not yet." I agreed and smiled. "Not yet, have to respect my wife's wishes." The hostess nodded and agreed with us both as she went to lead us to a seat. "You guys are here right on time. We just got rid of the lunch rush." Gabby then got a bit worried. "Is lunch still available?"

The hostess nodded and smiled. "Yes, it's still available. You are here on time. And if now, I doubt our chef would leave a pregnant woman hungry." I laughed when she said that. "Twins." She smiled and nodded. "Congratulations. Now, here is your table." Gabby nodded when she said that and looked out at the view we had. "Wow, this is a great view of the ocean." She agreed. "Honeymooners love it." I then looked at her. "How did you know we're honeymooners?" She then smiled. "The concierge downstairs told me you were on your way. It's on your profile."

I shrugged and agreed before going to sit down in front of Gabby. She then smiled at the waitress. "Just some water for me okay?" She nodded and agreed. "And for you sir?" I smiled at her. "I'll get water too. Please make sure it comes a bit more often than normal though. I would rather she not overheat. We are from Chicago so this is not normal for us." She laughed and smiled. "God, those winters are horrible." I then went to start looking at the menu she just gave me. "Try being a firefighter in the middle of winter. I've had a fair share of frozen hydrants."

She agreed and smiled. "Listen, I am going to get your drinks. I will be back in a minute." We both nodded and agreed before going to look at the menu. Gabby then smiled. "I am going to get the seafood fettuccini." I was shocked that she picked so fast. "Okay, what happened to miss indecisive. I mean, that was fast." Gabby laughed and agreed with me. "I mean, I guess my cravings are making it easier to pick food." I nodded and smiled at her. "Yeah, I guess that makes sense. By the way, good call on going to lunch. It's so much quieter and probably faster."

Gabby agreed. "And later, we can head to the spa while the rest of the guys are having supper. We can just get something small for supper. I doubt I am going to be that hungry." I just laughed when she said that and shook her head. "Okay, what's that?" I then looked at her. "Your not hungry now a days is equal to a normal meal for me. Babe, you always eat a majority of the meals I make for us at home. I almost have to make you an entire meal and then me half a meal to make sure we have enough." Gabby blushed when I said that. "Sorry, I'm hungry."

I nodded and understood. "Hey, don't take that as criticism of that I am mad you are hungry okay babe? If you are hungry then you should eat. It's not healthy for you to be hungry when you are pregnant." Gabby nodded when I said that and went to take some breaths. "Guess I just need to relax, my hormones are starting up again." I nodded and agreed. "I am just glad we are in private, we both know that you have a very short temper. It's even worse when you are hormonal." Gabby looked at me when I said that. "You didn't just say that." 

I then looked at Gabby and sighed. "Babe."  Gabby then sighed as she looked at me. "Matt, my hormones are everywhere. You know that's why I have a short temper. I am also worried like crazy to screw up. We are having twins and I don't want you to have to go through a miscarriage." I then sighed when she said that. "Us babe. Us...there is no more you and me as individuals. We are in this together, I always mean it when I say that okay? Please just relax, take a breath." I then went to put my hand up and looked at our waitress. 

She walked over with her tray. "Can we get a rush on that water?" She then nodded and agreed as she went to get us our waters. Meanwhile, Gabby just breathed and rubbed her stomach. "God, why am I even fighting about this? I am a latina. Of course I have a shorter temper." I then looked at her and sighed while getting up. Bending down, I went to grab her hand and just rubbed it while also rubbing her stomach. "And that short latina temper is one of the things I love about you. You fight hard for what you believe in."

Gabby nodded when I said that before hearing the waitress walk over to me. "You wanted me to put a rush on the water?" I nodded and then went to get up and looked at her as she set it down before pouring Gabby a glass. "Gabby, take a drink and relax okay?" Gabby then agreed, going to grab it before doing some breathing. Getting back in my chair, I turned to look at the waitress. "A bit more time please? And just keep the water coming." She agreed and nodded while walking away to give us a bit more time to consider what we want to eat.

Turning to look at Gabby again, I was still a little concerned about the fact that she wasn't completely related here. That was what I really wanted for her on this honeymoon and I felt bad that she wasn't getting it. "Listen, you would tell me if you thought this was a bad idea right?" Gabby then looked at me, a little confused. "Us coming to lunch, of course it's a good idea." I then sighed. "I am not just talking about that. I mean the vacation as a whole. Babe, I don't want you to stress and I don't want anything to happen to you or the babies."

Gabby now knew what I was talking about and where my head was at. "Matt, I am fine okay. I guess I am just thinking more now. I am overthinking things and I am sorry okay? Just relax." I nodded and agreed with her. "You want to go to the spa later or would you rather we just sit in bed and relax? I am good with whatever you want to do." Gabby bit her lip and looked at me. "Maybe we can just stay around here? I think I changed my mind on the excursion. We booked it fast and...I am just not sure anymore." I then realized that. "Babe, talk to me. I am here."

Gabby sighed and looked at me. "Matt, we are talking about leaving the property where there isn't a doctor readily available. What happens if something happens on an excursion and we are not able to get to a doctor in time? Could I loose on of the babies? Both of them?" I sighed when she said that and understood where she was coming from. "We can cancel okay? I am not going to do anything that makes you worry. But after lunch, we are going to take a walk down the beach. I know it's not a sunset walk down the beach but...that might relax you."

Looking at each other, we both nodded and agreed with my idea. "Yeah, that's probably the best idea. Are you okay with just staying around here are the resort?" I nodded and smiled at her. "Of course we can. Gabby, this isn't just my honeymoon...it's our honeymoon. We are in this together. Now, are we going to take a walk down the beach after lunch?" Gabby smiled and nodded when I said that. "Yeah, we are...but we might want to get changed first. I am not sure if I like the idea of walking down the beach in this. I mean, you're wearing dress shoes."

I nodded and smiled at her. "Listen, after lunch...we head back to the suite. We get changed into something comfortable, then we go take a nice walk down the beach together after we rest in bed for a bit. I think we have been rushing a bit too much today." Gabby nodded and agreed with me. "Especially after the little stress I had at the pool." I sighed when she brought that up when the waitress came back (again). "You guys choose your meals?" I then looked up at her and nodded. "I think we have. Can we continue this after?" Gabby nodded when I asked her that, ready to keep talking after we ordered lunch.