Chapter 88

Matt's POV: After going through the house and making sure that we had everything, we realized that we were just missing a couple chargers. Grabbing them for us, I smiled when we finally made our way outside to Antonio. "Go ahead and get in the car Gabby, I will lock up." Gabby then smiled as she walked away, already much more relaxed than when we first went into the house because I made sure that she did some breathing while we were in the house. I wanted to make sure that this pregnancy still went great. And while she didn't have the aneurysm anymore, she was still pregnant with twins which meant that this was still a high risk pregnancy.

That's when I heard Antonio walk over to me as I finished locking up. "How was your talk?" I then sighed as I turned to look at him. "I just had to make sure that she calmed down. I mean, she's pregnant with twins now and we both want this even more now. I mean, for us to have two kids at once is going to be hard. Heck, I just hope I can get a double paternity leave. Shouldn't that be available for us if we have twins? One per kid." Antonio laughed. "I am sure that people will want to help you. Either that or you can take leave and stay with her."

I nodded when he said that. "By the way, what's this about rumors that Voigt is finally retiring?" Antonio then turned to look at me and laughed. "Just because I moved back to town...you assume that he is retiring." I nodded. "I mean Antonio, don't lie that no career advancement was a big reason you left other than your problems." Antonio nodded and agreed with me as he went to help me into his car. "Dude, not right now. You're on your honeymoon with my sister." Gabby nodded when he said that before going to grab my hand and intertwining our fingers.

"Well, technically I am not just on my honeymoon with her. I am also on a honeymoon with our two little ones here." Moving my arm around her, I went to put my hand on her stomach and smiled while rubbing it. That's when I went to buckle up so that Antonio could leave. "By the way, thanks for doing it this late. I know this is going to be a long day." Antonio nodded as he pulled away to drive us to the airport. "I am just shocked that you guys are leaving this late. I mean, you guys aren't going to be there until after midnight." I nodded when he said that and sighed. "Yeah, that was probably not something I was thinking about."

Gabby then looked at me. "Matt, just relax okay? You have time off and we are on our honeymoon. No stress okay baby? Just a bunch of time alone, rest and relaxation." I then went to whisper to her. "Maybe even a little bit of pleasure on the flight to Mexico." Gabby smiled when I said that and then just shook her head when Antonio drove past the Firehouse. Boden saw us and waived. "Antonio, slow down. He wants to say bye to Gabby." Antonio nodded and agreed as he went to slow down quickly. Putting our window down, Boden smiled at Gabby.

"I heard some of your news." Gabby then looked at him and smiled. "You told him it's twins?" Boden then stared at her when she said that. "Gabriela Dawson, it's twins!" I then looked at Gabby. "I just told him where we are going on our honeymoon, not that it's twins. Nobody knows that yet." I then sighed. "At least nobody until..." Gabby then looked at Chief and bit her lip. "Chief, can you keep it a secret? At least for a while. We are going to reveal it at the gender reveal we can maybe host here at the firehouse?" Boden smiled when she said that.

"Of course I am going to keep it a secret. And you are definitely having it here. Just let me know when and what you are doing." Gabby then smiled as she looked at me. "We'll talk about it? It depends on the weather of course." Boden nodded and agreed with us. "Well listen, you guys go enjoy your week in the sun. Believe me, I am already jealous that he is going to come back with a tan." I smiled when he said that and nodded. "By the way Chief, you need to promise me you'll keep him safe if this Virus thing they are talking about is true okay?" Chief agreed with us both.

"I promise Gabby, we will do what is necessary to make sure Matt stays safe. You have that guarantee from me, just like I promised you to keep him safe at the start of your pregnancy." Gabby nodded when he said that. "Okay, we need to go now. Thanks Chief. Happy New Year." He nodded and smiled, waiving to us as we drove off. Meanwhile, I looked at Gabby. "Care to tell me what promise you are talking about?" Gabby sighed as she turned to look at me. "I made him promise to keep you safe. I need you in this with me. Especially now that it's twins."

I nodded and agreed with her, kissing her head. I then went to whisper to her. "Also, probably not the best idea to join that club then." Gabby nodded and agreed with me as she just held my hand, intertwining our fingers as we prepared to fly to Mexico for our long overdue Honeymoon. Antonio then smiled at us in the mirror and just shook his head. "I can hear you guys, you know that right? I know you were just whispering about joining the Mile High Club. Not a good idea with the pregnancy." I nodded and looked at him. "Exactly what we just said." Antonio nodded.

"Plus, those bathrooms are really small...especially when you are flying international in commercial." I then looked at Gabby and scratched the back of my head. "About that." Gabby then turned to look at me. "What level did you get us?" I smiled when she asked me. "Business." Antonio looked at me when I said that. "Wow, going all out." I then laughed. "It's called being courteous to my pregnant wife. You really think she is going to be comfortable in economy class?" Gabby then smiled when I said that. "How did I get so lucky?"

I smiled when she said that and went to kiss her head softly, ready to get to Mexico with her. And that's exactly where we were on our way to next. But first, we just needed to get through airport security. This should be fun.