Chapter 34

Matt's POV: After taking a shower (and being joined by Gabby), I smiled as I went to shave a bit to look really good for Christmas. Well, mostly for Antonio and Gabby's mom. I know they are (secretly) not too pleased that Gabby is putting her life at risk so we can have a baby but, they are just going to have to deal with it. We are having a baby and that is not going to change. Walking out to the bedroom after shaving, I looked at Gabby as she worked on putting a tight dress on. I then smiled as I went to walk up behind her. "You just love to tease me don't you?"

Gabby then looked at me and smiled. "Maybe." Walking up behind her, I went to help her with the zipper. I then went to kiss her shoulder and smiled. "You look gorgeous but, you sure that you want to show off your tattoo? I am not sure your family has ever seen it." Gabby then turned around and stepped close to me. "One thing I told you never to question me about..." Putting her hand on my chest, she then grabbed the back of my head. "My tattoo and how much I love you." I smiled when she said that before tugging her against my chest and kissing her softly.

"Sorry about that." Gabby agreed and smiled as I went to wrap my arms around her back. "You should fully expect our daughter to get a matching tattoo if we do have a daughter." I smiled and nodded before putting my hands on her sides. I then just thought about that. "I swear, every time we say that...our daughter, our son. Any of those combinations of words...it's just so unbelievable." Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded. "Listen, before we get too carried away...this mom-to-be has to eat." I then nodded and smiled while giving her one last kiss.

"What are you craving? Or have those not started yet?" Gabby then smiled. "Just make me any of your breakfasts. I know you are a good cook when you actually make yourself breakfast." Turning around to look at her, I was confused. "What does that mean?" Gabby then smiled. "You realize that you are going to have to stop getting the candidate to be there waiting for make us breakfast right? We are going to have to eat before we leave every day." I was shocked. "Why exactly?" Gabby then went and pointed to the baby. "Baby makes me hungry."

I nodded and agreed with her. "Now, make breakfast. I have to go do my hair. Thanks to you, I didn't get to brush it when we got out of the shower...so now I have to use a hot iron press." I then looked at her. "Is that safe with pregnancy?" Gabby nodded. "I love the concern but remember Matt, I am a paramedic. I know what is and isn't safe when it comes to pregnancy." Gabby then walked away to the washroom to do her hair. But, we were still able to talk because she left the door open. "Oh, remind me to stop at the grocery store on the way home."

Gabby then went to grab her hair wand while looking at me. "Why exactly?" I then smiled at her. "You want your favorites, we need to go find them again. You've been gone for months babe. I've only been buying the stuff I like. I was not going to buy it just in case you come. It would've been a waste of money." Gabby then glared at me. "You take that back. My snacks are good and you know that you like to eat them sometimes. So, don't you even call it a waste of money." I then laughed. "Gabby, I was barely here while you were gone. It was too depressing."

Gabby seemed confused when I said that. "What do you mean baby?" I then sighed while going to grab the pancake mix. "Pancakes or waffles?" Gabby then looked at me. "Pancakes." I nodded and agreed, going to get the pan out. "Now, what do you mean again. You know about the depressing part?" I then sighed. "Everything in this appartment reminds me of you babe. The couch where we made out, the bed where we made love. It was hard being here without you. That's why I wanted to go to Puerto Rico...because I was hurting. It was hard to be here."

Gabby then looked at me and seemed to feel bad. "I am so sorry baby. Well now, you don't have to worry about that. I am home for good now with our baby." I smiled when she said that. "Yes you are. Now concentrate on what you are doing before you burn yourself." Gabby nodded and agreed with me as she went to do her hair. Meanwhile, I went back to concentrating on making us some breakfast this Christmas Eve morning. And boy was it a nice Christmas Eve morning. Nothing like waking up with my wife in my arms and kissing her.

That was one of the things I missed the most. Just looking at her first thing in the morning put a smile on my face.