Chapter 12

Matt's POV:
After leading Gabby out to the living room, I smiled as I went to open the door. Opening the door, I smiled when I saw Severide and Stella there. "Hey man, what's...." Severide then looked at me. "Yeah, yeah...nice to see you too. We aren't here to see you though." I then laughed when I went to move out of the way. "Gabby, I think you have guests." Gabby then got up and smiled as she looked at Severide. "Severide, Stella." They then both went to hug her. "God, you look amazing girl. How was Puerto Rico?" Gabby smiled. "Great, just lonely."

I nodded and agreed with her. "Want some water G?" Gabby nodded and agreed. "Yes please. You guys?" Stella nodded as she went to sit on the couch but Gabby just shook her head. "Not so fast you too. You guys take the chairs. Last time I checked, you guys have been together every day for a while now. I want to sit close to my husband." 

(Gabby's thoughts: And use his nice, muscular body to hide my lil' bump. Well in the future. I don't have one yet. Oh my god, I am going to get so fat. Matt has never seen a bump and heck, neither have I. I can't wait though...this will be so great.)

Severide then got up and moved to go sit in the chair. Meanwhile, Gabby went to go grab a blanket and covered up while going to sit on the sectional we now had in there. "By the way Matt, love the sectional you got." I then smiled when she said that while walking over to her. "Me too. It's really comfortable and is going to be great whenever I want to hold my girl close." Gabby smiled when I said that before grabbing the glass of water I gave her. I then looked at Severide. "You know where it is." Gabby then stared at me. "Excuse me?"

Sitting down with her, I went to wrap my arm around her and then grabbed the blankets. Covering us both up with it, I smiled at her. "What? I want to hold my girl close to me. I missed you." Gabby smiled and agreed with me when I said that. Wrapping her arms around me, I smiled as I went to kiss her head and then whispered to her. "I love you." Gabby smiled when I said that. "I love you too. Just make sure you hide my you know." I nodded, knowing exactly what she meant. We had to hide her stomach so they didn't think we were pregnant.

Stella then looked at Gabby and smiled. "So, how was Puerto Rico girl? Get a lot of stuff done?" Gabby nodded and smiled. "Yeah, it looks much better than when I left. However, I am glad to be home. I mean...I came here a few weeks ago but, it's not the same as being here full-time." Stella nodded and smiled. "So Matt, you going to pull some strings with Boden and get your wife a job back at Firehouse 51?" I then looked at Gabby and bit my lip. "We haven't even talked about that yet. Right now, we have to get back into a rhythm."

Severide then laughed. "Sure. Just wait Stella, he is going to call Boden right after we leave. That way he isn't in trouble with Gabby." Gabby then looked at Severide, giving her signature glare at him to tell him to shut up. "Shut up Severide, remember that I am not a CFD employee anymore and I can't get in trouble for beating up a Lieutenant at the house. Not that my husband would've ever let that happen." I laughed when she said that and nodded. "Oh definitely not. Sorry Severide but, I would be on her side. Best friend vs. wife. Wife always wins."

Gabby then looked up at me. "Oh like you have a choice when it comes to that. It's either I win or you get yelled at by my brother. Don't be fooled Severide. He may act all tough but when it comes down to it...this Captain here is scared like hell of his brother-in-law." I nodded and agreed with her. "Oh, he is fully aware of it. Let me remind you Gabby that your brother is a golden gloves boxer." Gabby laughed when I said that and smiled. "However, you guys still have this nice work relationship. By the way, you know why you can't work with them now."

I nodded and remembered that. During out first pregnancy, I worked with the CPD and got stuck in an investigation. During that time, we could've been together instead. And now, we are together during our second pregnancy. Severide then stared at us both. "But, the only time you ever worked with them was when you were pregnant the first time. Why can't he..." Stella then stared at Gabby. "OH MY GOD! That's why you're back. You're pregnant!"

Gabby's POV:
When Stella said that I was pregnant, I got scared. I wasn't ready to tell anybody other than family because it was too early. I didn't want it to happen again. I didn't want the CFD to find out and then have them stop me from working if I wanted to go back to change my mind. I then sighed and looked at Matt. Whispering to him, I was worried. "Do you want to?" Matt then looked at me. "They already know babe. It's not a secret." I then sighed and looked at Stella.

Letting go of Matt, I then moved to sit in his lap, revealing my partial baby bump. Keeping the covers on top of us, Matt wrapped his arm around me and smiled as he held me close. "Okay guys, you need to remember that this stays in between us. I'm pregnant. But, we are too early to tell anybody. The only people that know are you guys and Antonio. I told Matt, we are not telling anybody until after 6 weeks. I am not jinxing it. Last time around, we told anybody too soon. I really want this baby okay? Please guys, promise me you won't tell anybody."

Matt then went to kiss my head while rubbing my stomach. "Hey, take some breaths and relax for me okay Gabby? Everything is going to be okay. I am here, we are in this together. I promise." I nodded and agreed with him before grabbing his hand and intertwining our fingers. Stella then looked at me. "Girl, of course we are going to keep your secret. I promise. I can see how scared you are." I nodded. "I can't loose another child." Matt then wrapped his arm around my back as I leaned against his chest more and just cuddled up to him.

Kissing my head, Matt whispered to me. "Gabby, breathe and relax. Nothing is going to go wrong. I am here, you are safe...we are in this together til' the end." I nodded and agreed with him, still really scared. That's when Stella looked at me. "Gabby, we are not going to say anything. I promise. Whatever we can do though...you can let us help you at least. Let us be your family. Antonio isn't here right now. You need at least some family to help you." Matt then looked down at me and sighed when she said that. "Gabby, I hate to say this but...she has a point."

I then groaned and just didn't know what to say. "God, can you make up your mind. Are we going to keep it private or are we going to let them help us?" Matt then went to rub my back because he knew I was getting frustrated. "Okay, breathe Gabby, breathe." I nodded and went to breathe, knowing I am already quite frustrated. "Let's keep it to only a few people for now. Then, we can tell people when we are ready. How does that sound?" I nodded and agreed with him. "Okay, that works. But Chief has to be on that list. Sorry but...that's it after that. Chief and these two. Oh and Sylvie. Sorry but, she's like my sister." 

Matt smiled when I said that before going to kiss my forehead again. "Of course. Now listen, how about we talk about how great that save was a couple shifts ago?" Severide laughed when Matt said that. "Yeah, not sure your pregnant wife wants to hear about that. It deals with a you know..." Matt then looked at him. "Oh right, and..." Severide then nodded. Looking up at Matt, I was confused. "Deals with a pregnant woman." I then got scared when he said that. "Excuse me." Getting up, I went to walk to our room because I got scared. Matt sighed when I did that before looking at Severide. "I'll be right back." Getting up, Matt then followed me to our room.