Chapter 41

Matt's POV: After walking away with Antonio to make lunch, I sighed considering I wanted to talk to him about anything I should know when it comes to pregnancy. Sure, this wasn't technically our first pregnancy but...in a way it was considering we never had a baby at the end of our first pregnancy. I just hope that he doesn't mind giving me a hand when it comes to giving me advice on this. Walking up to him, I smiled. "So listen, I hate to ask this." Antonio then turned to look at me. "Then don't." I laughed but sighed. "Any tips for a first-time dad-to-be?"

Antonio then turned to look at me and laughed. "Now that's a good question. Oh and can you get the butter out? We need to let it unfreeze a bit considering my mom didn't. We always have bread with the turkey and stuffing." I smiled when he said that. "And honestly, just be there for your wife during the pregnancy." I looked at him. "That you talking to me as a dad or as Gabby's protective older brother?" Antonio smiled when I asked him that. "And don't you forget that I am overprotective. Still can't believe you ever let Gabby leave without going with her."

I nodded when he said that. "Honestly, that was one of my biggest regrets. I was originally going there for Christmas this year. And I was going to decide over Christmas whether to move there. It was getting hard on the both of us. I missed my wife and wanted her back for good. Just turns out that I didn't have to go for that to happen. Had I gone ahead with my plans, I would be on the beach right now instead of here." Antonio smiled when I said that. "What time was your flight yesterday?" I then laughed. "It was at 9 from midway. Direct flight on Southwest."

Antonio then smirked. "You didn't have to connect through Houston?" I shook my head. "I know, I was shocked. This was the first time I saw a direct flight. Believe me, I booked it right away. Direct flight from me to my girl...hell yes." Antonio then looked at me. "Why do you call her your girl? She's your wife. Wouldn't it be woman?" I shrugged. "It started while we were dating and it just stuck. Gabby likes it anyways." I then went to look at her and smiled at her. "I swear, if Gabby is at all stressed about this pregnancy...she is hiding it really well."

"Oh, I am positive she is a little scared but you being here probably helps." I nodded and agreed with him. "Just trying to keep it calm at home. I am scared that something will just happen." Antonio then went to rub my back and just looked at me. "Matt, nothing is going to happen. She is going to be safe. I am praying for her and I am praying for this to go well." I nodded and agreed with him. "Hey, can you ask Jay something for me?" Antonio was confused when I said that. "What exactly would it be?"

I then laughed. "I don't talk to Natalie much but...I know his brother does. Can you ask him to get her to call me? I want recommendations for Gabby on good OB/GYNs that deal with high-risk pregnancies and/or aneurysms." Gabby then looked at me. "Thanks, that's a good idea." I nodded and agreed with her. "I would rather not go back to that one we went to. I am scared of getting judged." Gabby nodded and agreed when I said that. I then went back to working with Antonio. "Not that I am not already being judge." I then looked directly at Antonio.

Antonio then laughed. "By the way, I heard you threatened Gabby when it comes to this pregnancy." I sighed when he said that. "I just told her that I need a way out. If I feel it's getting too risky...she can't be mad at me if I ask her to consider getting an abortion." Antonio seemed shocked when I said that. "You really said that? Even though you know it's against our morals?" I sighed when he said that. "Antonio...this is her life we are talking about. Let's say this was Eva. Wouldn't you want her to abandon her morals if it was the only way to save her life?"

Antonio signed when I said that. "That is a good way to get me to understand what you mean by that. Honestly, I get it now. You don't want to loose your wife." I nodded when she said that. "And if that means putting her life ahead of the baby's life...then I am ready to do that. I can't loose her again right when I got her back. There are other ways to have kids, there isn't another Gabriela Dawson-Casey." Antonio then thought about that. "Is it Dawson-Casesy?"

I thought about it. "I think it is, I am not sure what she chose." Gabby then looked at me. "It's just Casey. And before you ask mom, we are not doing double surname. It's going to be Casey. I just go by Dawson at work because that was my work name, never changed it except on legal documents." That's when Gabby realized something. "Oh shit." Turning to look at her, I got concerned. "What's wrong?" Gabby then sighed. "I may have just lost my health coverage." I was confused when she said that. "What do you mean?"

Gabby then looked at me. "I have a pre-existing condition. The aneurysm." I then shook my head. "Babe, we can talk to Boden. He can get you coverage. If not, we will figure out what to do. Please don't worry about that Gabby." Gabby nodded and agreed with me, seemingly trying to not worry about it but...I knew she was. I would have to talk to her about it after lunch. But right now, I am just going to concentrate on making the food so that we can eat lunch. Going to back to Antonio, I smiled at him. "God, she is going to stress out about this."

Antonio sighed when I said that and nodded. "Is it okay to say I feel bad for you guys? I mean, this is just another obstacle for you guys. I really hope you guys don't loose health coverage." I nodded when he said that. "We can talk to the CFD. I think I have coverage as a city employee. I think I even have coverage to pay for the birth. We might just have to pay a percentage." Gabby nodded when I said that. "Good, that is going to be expensive. I am doing a C-Section."

I then sighed. "Can you wait to decide that until we are closer? Gabby, if you do a natural birth you can leave the hospital faster." Gabby agreed when I said that. "Right, can you keep cooking? Sorry mom but...I think I might go after lunch. As much as I want to be here, I am already getting tired. I am still jetlagged from arriving 2 days ago." Camila nodded and understood. "How about you go lay down upstairs for a bit? Maybe then you can stay longer. I still have to give you my gifts." Gabby nodded and agreed. "Matt, I am going to be upstairs in my mom's room okay?"

I nodded and smiled. "Go ahead." Gabby then got up and walked away to go lay down in her mom's bed while we kept making Christmas lunch.