Chapter 5

Matt's POV: After getting undressed for bed, I couldn't help but look at Gabby as she stood in the bathroom. I could already tell that she was stressed about this and I also knew that my support was everything to her. If I didn't support us having a baby, it would kill her. It would also be the permanent end of our marriage. This isn't how I want to have it end, with it being because we miscarried. Then she'll blame herself for the end of our marriage and I don't want that. I need to make this right. I need to let her know she can talk to me and not be scared to open up to me.

Walking into the washroom behind her, I went to wrap my arms around her and put my hands on her stomach. "Listen, can we talk for a minute?" Gabby then turned to look at me and sighed. "About us or the pregnancy?" I just stepped close to her before kissing her softly. "About the fact that I love you and that no matter what, I am going to be here for you. And I'm not just saying that because I am your husband. I say that because I care and love you with all my heart. Tonight, let's celebrate this. The possibility of us having a baby. It'd be a dream come true."

Gabby then sighed. "Matt, I can't take lies right now. I want this too bad. In my heart, I know this is right even if it is dangerous. You know what I said before I left. I wanted this and was willing to put up the risk. The only reason that changed is because I am scared to loose you. If you promise me that you are going to stand by my side...I have to put my foot down. And I know you hate it when I do this but, this is no longer just a hypothetical. You already got me pregnant and there is a baby in here. I can just tell because I can't see us not having one. It's our chance."

I nodded and agreed with her, just listening to her. "So Matt, I hate to tell you this but...if you aren't in this, then you need to stop lying to yourself and to me. You need to tell me so that I can find my own place and go through with the pregnancy alone. You have no control over my body even as my husband now that I am pregnant. You can ask me to get an abortion, but you can't make me. So Matt, I am going to ask you again. Are you in this with me?"

Looking at Gabby in her eyes, I could see how much it hurt for her not to have my blessing. For me to object to this is going to kill her. While this pregnancy could literally kill her, I don't want to kill her spirits or the things I love about her. Her caring nature, her big heart and her amazing personality...all the things that led me to asking her to be my wife. And that is exactly why I need to do this with her. Gabby is my wife, this is our child. "I am in this with you babe."

Gabby then looked into my eyes and could tell that I meant it. Going to hug me, Gabby wrapped her arms around me and just held me close. "Matt, I love you and I want you to know that I don't want to go through this alone. So I am going to hold you to that." I nodded and smiled when she said that, gently kissing her shoulder as I held her close. "Listen, you've had a long day. You have the pregnancy test with you?" Gabby then nodded as she leaned back.

I then smiled when she said that. "Then do me a favor...get it out and let me see it. Then, I am going to take you in my arms and celebrate this. Gabby, you are my wife...the love of my life and the mother of our child. I have this feeling babe, this is our time. I want this too much and so do you." Gabby smiled when I said that before going to kiss me softly. "I am going to get the test out. Then, I will see you in bed where I am going to expect some attention."

I laughed when she said that and smiled. "Oh believe me. I am going to celebrate having my wife back. I missed you like crazy." Gabby then smiled as she quickly rubbed my chest before walking away to go get in bed. Looking at myself in the mirror, I let out a deep breath because as scared as I was...I knew this was what I needed to do to save my marriage. If I wanted to be with Gabby, I needed to support her in this. Plus, I want a baby with her. Now's our chance (hopefully).