Chapter 27

Matt's POV: After getting food for me and Gabby, I smiled when I made my way back over to her. "Here you go." Gabby then looked at me. "I didn't even hear Boden call for supper." Everybody then turned to look at me and was not happy. "Oh hush up, pregnant woman gets to pick food first!" They all nodded and agreed with me when I said that. Meanwhile, Boden walked over to us and decided to sit down. "Mind if I join you guys for supper?" Gabby shook her head and smiled. "Of course not. I am sure you are dying to catch up with me."

Boden smiled and nodded. "Still not happy with how short your visit was last time around. I am just glad you aren't visiting this time." I nodded and agreed with him when he said that. "Me too." Grabbing Gabby's hand, I smiled while rubbing it. "So, how's Terrence doing? Oh and Donna. I've asked Matt to ask for me but...someone never got around to it." Boden smiled when she asked. "They are great. Tonight's the Christmas pageant at the school. I am going right after I eat so, I am not staying long. I gave Hermann the keys." I nodded.

"You mean Cindy right? We both know that he is going to loose the keys." Hermann yelled at me when I said that. "Oh hush up Matt, last time I checked...I wasn't the one that lost the Molly's master key on the one shift you did. I rarely ask you to do shifts even though your wife is part-owner of the bar!" Gabby sighed when he said that. "Hermann, can you please not yell? When I hear someone yell, it raises my blood pressure and that's not good." I then went to put my hand on hers and nodded. "Hey, just take some breaths then okay?"

Gabby nodded when I said that. I then got quite concerned considering I knew that during a regular pregnancy, it was not good for the mother to get this stressed. Add in Gabby's aneurysm and it can get a lot worse. "We are going to have to go to the doctor okay? I want you to talk to them. I want to know what we can do to have a healthy pregnancy." Gabby nodded and knew what I meant. She then went to get up and walked away. Everybody just stared at us both, getting concerned. Antonio was then about to get up but I stopped him. "Husband."

He noded and knew what I meant by that. Walking away to my office, I went to go see Gabby because I knew that was where she was going to be. At least, I hoped it was and it turned out I was right. Looking in my office, I saw Gabby pacing and just taking breaths when I went to walk in. Turning to look at me, Gabby then sighed. "Hey, sorry for getting up and just leaving." I shook my head when she said that. "Hey, you have nothing to be sorry about. Gabby...you are pregnant and you have every right to leave if you are getting stressed. Especially in your case."

Gabby then stepped close to me and hugged me. "Are you starting to have second thoughts about this? Seeing me this stressed?" I then looked down at her and shook my head. "Hey, of course not. Gabby, don't ever think that I am having second thoughts about this. You and me having a baby has always been a dream of mine. So, I am going to do everything to make sure that happens. You already know that." Gabby nodded when I said that before stepping close to me and going to kiss me softly. "Want me to get our food and we can eat in here?"

Gabby then sighed when I said that. "I just don't want them to feel guilty." I then shook my head when she said that. "Gabby, they aren't going to feel guilty, I promise. They are going to understand that you need to relax. Babe, your health is more important that us sitting out there. Just think about that when you ask me to do stuff that can help you have the healthiest and safest pregnancy. If it helps you...then I will do it without hesitation. Gabby, I want to go along with you as far as possible. I am going to try and be lenient when it comes to me backing out."

Gabby smiled when I said that. "And that means that we are going to need to do things to lower your blood pressure and your overall stress levels. Gabby, I want this baby as much as you do. As their father, it is my job to keep them healthy just like that's my job as your husband. Babe, stop saying that I am a future father our that this is just a baby...this is our child because we need to treat the pregnancy just like it's a child. So Gabby, I am going to go whatever I can to make sure that my wife and our child are as healthy as possible during this pregnant."

Gabby nodded when I said that before wrapping her arms around me, holding me close. "You think it was a mistake to come here to the party?" I sighed when she said that before pushing her head up. "I am never going to think it is a mistake but maybe it was the wrong time to come. What do you think about that?" Gabby nodded. "What do you say we eat and then we can get going? They will understand. I just know they will." I nodded when she said that. "I know that too." Going to grab her hand, I then intertwined our fingers again.

Leading her away, I smiled as I went to kiss her hand so that we could get back to our food and (eventually) go back home. That was what we needed to do to keep her and the baby safe, so we were going to do it. And boy was I glad...that meant more time alone with my girl.