Chapter 28

Matt's POV: Once me and Gabby finished eating dinner together with our friends, I smiled as I just stood back while letting her say goodbye to everybody. That's when Severide walked over to me and smiled. "So, daddy Matthew Casey eh?" I smiled when he said that. "Yeah, I am thinking more papa. You know, spanish." He agreed and smiled when I said that. "You guys really going all the way this time you think?" I smiled when he asked me that. "I think we are going to make it to the end this time. At least, I want to. I want to make a nursery and everything. We both want to."

Severide smiled when I said that. "You going to raise the baby here?" I nodded. "Yeah, I want the baby to be a Chicago baby. I mean, I was born and raised here. I want to continue the tradition. By the way, what's going on with you and Stella? You were getting pretty chummy." Severide smiled. "Yeah, we are just getting closer. Actually, I am thinking I am done dating if you know what I mean." I was shocked when he said that. "Wow, I never thought I'd hear you say that." Severide laughed. "Oh shut up." I then looked at him. "I've been married for 3 years now."

Severide nodded and smiled. "You guys going to finally have a real wedding? I mean, we both know the whole reason you did the courthouse was for Louie." I sighed when he said that. "Dude, the reason we got married was because we love each other. I don't need a big wedding to have her be my wife. We can do a vow renewal in the future or something. All I need right now is for her to stay calm so that we can have our child." Severide nodded. "Boy or girl?"

I smiled when he asked me that. "I am torn. We are thinking Matthew James Casey Jr. for a boy name. Yet, a little girl would be so nice." Gabby then smiled when I said that (obviously having overheard me). "You are going to be happy with whatever we have though right?" I nodded and smiled. "Of course. Now, are we going to get going? Last time I checked, we have plans tomorrow with your mom." Gabby nodded and smiled while walking over to me. "Listen guys, it was really nice to see you all but...I am getting tired. I am going home with Matt now."

Antonio then walked over to us. "See you guys tomorrow or are we getting together on Christmas day?" Gabby then smiled at him. "Tomorrow. You can go to church with mom but we aren't. I am not taking a chance with morning sickness." Antonio nodded and understood. "Okay. See you both tomorrow." Antonio then walked up to Gabby and went to hug her. "See you tomorrow." I then looked at the firehouse. "Merry Christmas everybody and happy new year. I am going to take this one home." Everybody then smiled. "Bye guys."

Leading Gabby out of the firehouse, I smiled while going to grab her hand and intertwined our fingers. Antonio then caught up to us and smiled. "Thanks for letting me join the festivities here at the firehouse." Gabby nodded and agreed. "Antonio, you are always welcome here. You are family, both because you are my brother and CPD. Us law enforcement agencies have to stick together. I mean, you are CPD right?" Antonio sighed. "I still have to talk to Voight. I am hoping though. I have been missing my kids. Actually, mind if they come with us to mom's tomorrow?"

Gabby smiled when he asked her that. "Hey, of course they can come. I want to see how much they've growned since I last saw them. Just promise you will let us tell them about their cousin. I do not want you saying a work about it to them. That is our job." Antonio nodded and smiled when she said that. "You got it Gabby." Gabby smiled when he said that. "Thanks Antonio. Now, I am going to go home with Matt. I am tired and want to rest before seeing you tomorrow." Antonio agreed and smiled, giving her one last hug before walking away.

Turning to look at Gabby, I smiled while stepping close to her. "Ready to head home and relax?" Gabby nodded when I said that before going to kiss me softly. "I am ready to do that every night for the rest of my life." Smiled when she said that, really happy to hear that considering that was going to be the case.