Chapter 40

Matt's POV: When Antonio asked me how life was at the appartment now that Gabby's back, I couldn't help but smile as we sat together on the lounger Camila had in the living room. Moving into my lap, Gabby cuddled up to me while I wrapped my arm around her and went to grab her hand. "Honestly, it's been nice. To have my wife home and just be able to hold her close every night. I didn't know how much I missed it until I had it back." Gabby smiled when I said that. Meanwhile, I went to kiss her head and just held her close while we sat together.

Gabby nodded and smiled at Antonio. "Honestly, I have missed him just as much. The feeling of him close to me always calms me down. That is especially important now with me being pregnant and all." Antonio nodded and agreed with her when she said that. Camila then smiled at us. "I just hope this time goes better for you. You guys serve this." I nodded and agreed with her. "Definitely. By the way Camila, the divorce finally go through? Heard he was delaying." Gabby then looked up at me. "My parents divorced finally? You didn't tell me that."

I then looked at her. "Wasn't my job to tell you that your parents were divorced. You talked to your mom all the time when you were down there, I know because I came over sometimes. Me and my mom aren't close so...I decided to use your mom as my surrogate mother." Camila laughed when I said that. "That's an understatement. Plus, you are my son Matt. Sure, it's only by marriage but...I always consider my in-laws my children." I smiled when she said that. "And what do you think about being grandma again?" She smiled when I said that. "Can't wait!"

Gabby smiled when I said that. "I swear, I can already picture how great of a dad he is going to be. No offence Antonio but, I think he might even rival how great of a dad you are to your kids." Antonio then stared at Gabby when she said that. "You take that back! Nobody can rival how great of a father I am to my kids." I then smirked. "Well, she has seen me be a father before when we had Louie so...that's why she can already say that. It's not like she is just saying that when I haven't had any experience being a father."

Camila then went to sit down in front of us and smiled. "Believe me when I say this thought Matt, it's a lot different when it's your biological child. You are much more emotionally attached." Gabby then sighed when she said that. "That's not true mom...I got just as emotionally attached to Louie as I already am to our child here. I was his mom." I nodded when she said that before going to kiss her head. "Maybe we should change the topic considering this is starting to get a little emotional for Gabby."

Antonio then smiled at us. "So, you guys going to look for a new place or are you guys staying put?" Gabby then bit her lip. "We are going to talk about that. Why do you ask?" Antonio then smiled at us. "I am thinking of downsizing. I have a big place, the kids are moving out. We could always just swap. Consider it a wedding/baby gift. I give you my place, I get your appartment." I thought about it but got worried. "Is that even legal? I mean, we'd have to talk to our landlord whether he'd be okay with that Gabby."

Gabby then sighed. "Can we not think about that right now? I would rather we just concentrate on Christmas and getting me an appointment to check on my aneurysm." Camila then looked at us both. "Yeah, that's a good idea. That worrying you mija?" Gabby sighed and nodded. "As much I keep saying it doesn't...it has been. We said we would try, but I am still a little scared." I then went to wrap my arm around her and rubbed her stomach. "Why didn't you tell me Gabby? I am here to help you through this remember?" Gabby nodded and agreed.

"Sorry, just something I just thought about." I then went to hold her close. "Listen, everything is going to be fine. I have faith that it will." Gabby smiled when he said that and nodded. "Of course you do, I think we both do." I smiled when he said that before going to grab some water. "Antonio, how about you...what are you up to now? You heading back to the Bahamas?" Antonio then smiled. "I have a meeting with Voight on the 28th. I am going to try and stay close. I want to be close to my kids again and I want to meet that little niece or nephew of mine."

I smiled when he said that. "Me too." I then looked at Gabby. "Listen, I am going to go help with the salads okay? I am not just going to sit here when I can help." Gabby agreed with me. "I knew that would happen eventually." Gabby laughed and smiled as she let me get up. I then smiled at her and went to give her a blanket from the back of the couch, knowing she probably wants to cover up like she always does. "Here, cover up and stay warm." Gabby nodded and agreed with me. Meanwhile, I went to walk over to the kitchen and washed my hands.

"So, you been keeping track of the Hawks this season?" Antonio laughed when I said that and smiled. "Honestly, they are really doing good. Just wasn't able to watch them much. I don't have NHL Centre Ice and I could only get the Miami area tv stations. So, I would get mostly Panthers games." I laughed when he said that. "That sucks. At least you got to watch some games." Antonio nodded when I said that. "By the way, how has stuff been at the CFD? And who replaced Gabby on Ambo?" I then sighed. "Her name is Gianna Mackey. Cruz's friend."

Antonio nodded and agreed. "Gabby going back eventually?" I shrugged when he asked. "Honestly, I am not sure what her plans are. I wouldn't mind it though...working together again sounds great. I already asked Boden to try and pull some strings and get her a job at OFI." Antonio nodded. "That where we work the last time she was pregnant?" I nodded. "Yeah. I have my reservations though considering what happened there. So, she might work at the firehouse. I am just hoping they will understand that I want to be close to her."

Antonio smiled when I said that. "Well, that's good. Listen, I just want to say this...I am sorry about being so hostile to start. I am thrilled for you guys, I am just worried." I then went to put my hand on his shoulder. "I am too okay? I got that. But listen, we are going to get through this together. Now, how about we finish this meal and put it oven to cook? Then Gabby can show you her Christmas gift I already gave her." Antonio smiled and nodded when I said that, ready to see Gabby's Christmas gift.