Chapter 15

Matt's POV: After letting Stella and Severide out of the appartment and locking the door, I came back to the bedroom to see Gabby on her phone. "Yeah, I am back in town now mom. I promise, I am safe and Matt already knows." I then looked at her and smiled. "Let me guess, you told your mom and Antonio before you told me?" Gabby then turned to look at me and sighed. "Sorry, I really wanted to tell you first but..." I then stopped her. "It's okay. Now, I am going to join you. Put your mom on speaker. We need to figure out Christmas." Gabby smiled and agreed with me.

Getting in bed with her, I went to grab the covers and then brought them up on top of us. Feeling Gabby lay down on my chest and put her hand on my chest, I went to grab it and smiled as she put her phone on my chest. "Mom, Matt just joined the phone call."

Italics means text messages or people speaking on the phone.

"How are you Matt?" I smiled when she asked that. "Good Camila, haven't seen you in a while." She laughed when I said that. "Oh, that needs to change tomorrow or the day after. Now that my daughter is home, I fully expect her and her husband? to come." I smiled when she said that, but I knew that she said it with a question mark at the end of the word husband. "Mom, me and Matt are still married. And uhm, we are actually expecting our first child." We then both paused because we weren't sure what her reaction was going to be.

"Oh my, congratulations you two. I know it broke you when you lost your first baby and when you lost Louie. Maybe this is finally your chance to have the family you have both dreamed of having." I smiled when she said that and went to kiss Gabby's forehead. "Glad to hear that you are on our side. I wasn't sure considering the circumstances." Gabby then looked up at me. "I didn't exactly tell her about that Matt. With her going through those problems...I didn't want to add more to her place." I nodded and agreed with her but now, her mom was going to ask. "Is everything okay Gabriela?" Gabby then sighed. "Mom, it's not a concern right now."

I then went to kiss her head because I knew she wasn't ready to tell her mom. She didn't want to have somebody try to talk her out of having this child....a child we both desperately wanted and have always wanted since we got married. "Of course mija. I can hear it in your voice that you are worried. And that is not good for the baby. So just take some breaths and relax okay? Matt, maybe give her a massage or something?" Gabby then looked up at me and smiled. "Could you give me a massage?" I nodded and smiled when she asked me that. "I would love to give you a massage if you need one." Gabby then agreed with me. "Later."

"So listen, we need to get together soon now that you are back. If not, we are doing Christmas together. Matt, you better have tomorrow off....I don't care if you don't want to come. We are Catholics from Puerto Rico. We are going to church on Christmas Eve and then we are doing Christmas dinner that night. Plus gifts." I then sighed. "You see, we didn't exactly get gifts this year. I wasn't even planning on being here in Chicago this Christmas. I was going to go surprise Gabby in Puerto Rico. I was leaving today, so we don't have gifts. I mean, other than for Gabby of course." I then smiled at her. "Can't wait to see it."

I smiled when she said that. "Matt, that's fine. Just come be with us. That's all that matters. And make sure you come for the day. I get you are going to want to at least spend Christmas Day together, so spend Christmas Eve with us. Or you can do church...morning alone at your place and then come spend the afternoon with us. Antonio unfortunately is staying in the Bahamas so, it would just be the two of us." I then thought abou tit. "Then come here Camila. You shouldn't have to worry about it. I know it's last minute with Christmas Eve being tomorrow. "

Camila agreed with us both. "That sounds perfect. I will come Christmas Day if that's okay? That way you have more time together since you just got in town." Gabby smiled when her mom said that. "That sounds perfect mom." Unfortunately, right when she said that...pregnancy got the best of her. Getting out of my arms and running to the washroom, I could hear her go into the toilet. "Uhm Camila, I am going to have to go. That was just her having sickness." She understood and agreed with me. "You guys have a good day. Tell her to feel better." I nodded and agreed with her before going to get up so that I could go be with Gabby in the washroom.