Chapter 47

Matt's POV: After grabbing Gabby some water in the kitchen, I made my way into our room to see Gabby just laying down in bed and looking at something on her iPad. "I said something wrong out there. I already know that Gabby and I am sorry." Gabby then looked up at me and sighed. "It's not that you said something wrong Matt...it's just I am not sure you telling Severide was the right idea. I know what I said but, it's just awkward knowing he knows about it. I mean, does that mean we are going to have to tell him when we get updates on it? If it gets worse or something?"

I then went to walk over to her before going to set her water down. "Here, let me sit down with you. We can talk okay?" Gabby nodded and agreed with me as she moved over in bed. Getting in next to her, I went to wrap my arm around her and then went to kiss her forehead softly. "What are you looking at on here anyways?" Gabby then went to lay down on my chest more. "Just for possible doctors that have expertise in high risk pregnancies." I nodded and agreed with her. I nodded and understood what she was doing, she was trying to show she wasn't scared.

"Gabby, do me a favor and stop pretending like you aren't scared okay? It's me...you don't have to put on a brave face. It's okay to be scared." Gabby sighed when I said that and went to grab my hand, intertwining our fingers. "If I do, will that change your mind when it comes to the baby?" I shook my head when she said that. "No, I am committed to that okay? Gabby, we both know that even when you aren't showing it...you're scared. I can see it in your eyes and I can feel how tense you are even around me." Gabby nodded and sighed when I said that.

"I'm sorry about that babe...I am just really scared to loose you." I nodded when she said that. "I feel the same way. But, we are not going to loose each other. I have a feeling that this is going to go really well...I promise." Gabby nodded when I said that before putting her head on my shoulder and just cuddling up to me more. I knew she was scared now more than ever as we both held each other close in bed. Kissing her forehead, I smiled while looking at her. "I am here for whatever you need babe. Just remember that okay?" Gabby nodded when I said that.

I then went to grab her some water. "Here, and keep hydrated okay? We both know that you need to do that while you are pregnant. Both you and the baby need water." Gabby smiled when I said that and then just went to lay her head down on my chest. Rubbing her back, I still knew that Gabby was really scared. I wanted to do whatever I could to try and make her feel better but...I just didn't know what to do sometimes. "Gabby, is there anything I can say right now that will calm you down? I want to know so that I can say it. I want to help you babe, you need me."

Gabby sighed and knew what I was trying to do. I was trying to make her problems go away. I was trying to control the situation and that was just how I operated. I hated to watch her suffer and I knew that that was going to be doing for a majority of her pregnancy. She was going to be scared out of her mind whenever she thinks about giving birth. I want that not to be the case because that isn't healthy for her. Instead, I want her to be ready and happy about giving birth to our child. That day will be so memorable because we will meet our child that day, a happy day.

That's when I decided to try and talk about something that will bring a smile to her face. "So, you are really considering naming our hypothetical son after me?" Gabby laughed when I said that and nodded. "I know, I like the idea." I smiled when she said that. That's when I heard Severide yell. "Yeah, great way to soothe his big ego Gabby, by naming you kid after him." I then sighed when he said that. "Oh shut up, you're going to do the same when you have a son." Gabby laughed and smiled when I said that. "I see that helped."

Gabby nodded as she grabbed my shirt and then went to kiss me softly. "I love you and I am sorry if I am stressing you out by being stressed out." I nodded while wrapping my arm around her and going to put my hand on her butt. "Gabby, I am not stressed about you being stressed...I am just concerned. That is my job as your husband, to be concerned and to make sure that you get through this pregnancy as easily as possible and with the least amount of stress. I mean, I hope that's what I'm doing." Gabby nodded when I said that.

"Good, I wasn't sure sometimes if that's what I was doing or if I was just making this worse." Gabby then shook her head and smiled when I said that. "You are doing amazing Matt and I am so impressed that you have just taken this in stride. Remember, I came back thinking I was going to be getting an abortion right away." I nodded and understood what she meant. Rubbing her back and moving to kiss her forehead softly, I just smiled at her. "Promise me that you will never put my wishes before your morals babe." Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded.

"Believe me when I say this...I may hate how stubborn and persistent you are sometimes but, it's what makes you you. And it's part of what I love about you. So please don't change." Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded as we held each other close in bed. However, Gabby eventually fell asleep (again) because she was tired. Meanwhile, I just played on my iPad for the next hour while Gabby slept in my arms...getting some well deserved rest.