Chapter 48

Gabby's POV: After spending the past hour sleeping in Matt's arms, I smiled when I finally woke up to see him playing a game solitaire on his iPad. Seeing he was struggling a bit, I went to make a move for him. That's when he realized that I was awake. "Uhm, that was not a good move babe. Now you covered up the queen I was about to put on the pile up here." I then went to press the undo button and Matt smiled. "I could've figured it out but...okay, I guess that works." I nodded and smiled. "How was your nap?" I smiled when he said that. "Honestly it was good. Great dream. You and our little guy right after he's born...you doing the skin-to-skin stuff."

Matt smiled when I said that before going to play with my hair. "When you have dreams like that, it just makes me so confident that this is going to work out for us this time." I looked up at him when he said that and was a bit shocked. "It does?" Matt then looked down at me and nodded. "I am not a man of faith...like going to church and stuff. But Gabby, if anybody can do this...it's us. We have beaten death so many times, there has to be a reason why." I smiled when he said that. "Oh definitely. Plus, I already miscarried one of our children...the world can't be so cruel that we don't get one together." Matt smiled when I said that before going to kiss my head.

"You worried about that possibly happening again? I know when you mention stuff a bunch of times it's because you're worried." I sighed when he asked me that and nodded. "Complete honesty, yeah I am worried about the possibility of it happening again. I want to check. But then again, I haven't felt the way I did last time around." Matt nodded when I said that. "You know, you are the one that I need to thank for making me believe this is possible." Matt then looked at me, seemingly shocked. "Okay, how is that the case when I originally said that we shouldn't do this. I mean, before you left to go to Puerto Rico...not now that you're back."

I thought about it and then smiled. "You just give me this permanent boost of confidence whenever we are together. You make me feel like nothing can stop us." Matt smiled when I said that. "Because nothing can stop us. We've made it past too many obstacles to get here. The world needs to give us a break now and let us have this kid." I laughed and agreed with him. Feeling his lips on my forehead, I smiled as I felt Matt wrap his arm around me tight. "So listen, we are on board when it comes to the soup kitchen tomorrow right?" Matt then looked at me and nodded. "I thought it was just today though?" I just shook my head when he said that. "Matt, they do it every year on Christmas day. Boden hasn't changed that."

Matt sighed and looked at me. "We already helped today though. Think we can not do it tomorrow? I was really looking forward to just staying in bed and holding my girl in bed all day. You know, on our last Christmas day together without kids?" I thought about it and that was a really good point. This was our last Christmas where we would just be husband and wife. Next year, we would be mom and dad to this baby I was carrying....and planned on carrying until the day I give birth to it. "Then we can go ahead with those plans." Matt sighed and looked at me. "Babe, truth time...what do you want to do?" I then went to move up his chest and laid down on it so that I could look into his eyes.

Wrapping his arms around me and grabbing my butt, Matt smiled at me while I bent down to kiss him softly. "I want to spend the day alone with you in bed. I want to take it slow with you and just show you love. Not tonight but tomorrow okay? Or we can cuddle in bed and watch a whole bunch of movies on the Hallmark Channel. It's on free preview." Matt nodded and smiled when I said that. "Can't say no to that. Me, my girl and our lil' baby there all cuddled up to one another in bend while we watch movies." I smiled when he said that. "Can you do me a favor and bring up the schedule? I want to see which ones are playing and the actors so I know which ones I definitely want to watch. Then, I can set them up on the PVR."

Closing his game of solitaire, Matt then went to open the PVR app on his iPad so that we could go set up some movie recordings. Finding the channel schedule, I smiled when I saw one of my favorite movies were playing. "Okay, sorry but...this one is a mandatory watch. It's my favorite and a classic." Matt nodded when I said that. "We should see if they have some of those animated kids ones. I know they are for kids but...it's still fun to watch even at our age." I then thought about it and nodded. "I actually can't believe I am going to say this but, I don't think I've ever watched them." Matt then stared at me, shocked. "What?"

I nodded when he asked me that. "Well, in English at least. I am sure I watched the spanish version of them." Matt then shook his head. "Then screw waiting for tomorrow to watch them. You my dear are going to watch them today with me here in bed." I nodded and laughed when he said that. Rolling over onto his chest and then wrapping my arms around his head, I just looked down at him before kissing him softly. "God, I love you so much." I smiled when he said that. "I love you too. Now, wrap your arm around me and bring up the first one." Matt nodded and wrapped his arm around my back. Once that was done, he went to find the first movie so we could watch it together in bed.