Chapter 109

After making his way back to the suite:
Matt's POV:
As I came out in my wetsuit after getting changed out of my fancy clothes, I smiled when I saw Gabby wearing some of my clothes while laying down in bed. "Hey, so you are sure that you are okay with me going surfing?" Gabby then looked at me. "Yeah, I am going to talk to Antonio. You know him, he has been texting me a lot." I nodded and agreed with her. "Hey, I need to ask you something. You have been tired a lot lately. You have no regrets do you?"

Gabby then looked at me. "You mean about us coming here? Hey, of course not baby. I love it so far. It's the first day." I nodded and agreed with her. "I am just worried I guess. Last night I had this dream that you were going to get bored here. I mean, I can do so many more of the activities and I just feel bad. I mean, this is our honeymoon but I feel like so far you are just playing it safe." I sighed when she said that. "Yeah, I have. If you want, I can try and move the kayaking to this afternoon?" Gabby then thought about it and shook her head. I however got a bit worried.

"Okay, you are being quiet Gabby. And you have been since lunch. What's wrong?" Gabby sighed as she sat up and then reached for my hand. Going to sit next to her, I grabbed her hand and just looked at her. "I am thinking about Shay and how much she would want to be involved in this with us. I mean, she was my best friend. All my best friends have left Chicago other than you and Stella. All my ambo partners are gone. It's hard I guess. I have been trying to get over it." I nodded and understood where she was coming from. "How does that make you feel?"

Gabby sighed when I asked her that. "In a way, it makes me feel alone. Like, I have nobody in Chicago who I am friends with that was a former paramedic. Matt, you have to understand that we are a close bunch. Paramedics are different that firefighters. I can say that because I have been both." I nodded and just listened to her. "You think you would rather I stay than go surfing?" Gabby then sighed and shook her head. "No, I think I just need time to myself. Is that wrong?" I bit my lip and then shook her head. "As long as you stay safe and relax."

Gabby nodded when I said that and smiled. "You have your phone and you can call me whenever you want. But first, what do you want for supper? We are going to eat in here tonight if that's okay? I am going to just rest in bed and watch TV." I nodded and agreed with her before going to grab the menu for room service. "Here, move over. The wetsuit isn't wet yet...we can look at the menu." Gabby agreed when I said that. "By the way, smaller meals and more snacks. My stomach is hurting after all that food." I felt bad when she said that. "Oh babe, I'm sorry."

However, I could tell that she was scared about something. "Gabby, look at me and talk to me. You really okay?" Gabby then sighed. "I hate to think this but...what if it's something like last time?" I then went to put my hand on her stomach and then whispered to her. "I am sure it's fine. But if you want me to call the resort doctor...I will. I promise." Gabby shook her head when I said that but smiled at me. "I am going to be fine. Just keep your phone on you. If I feel worse, then I will call the doctor and you. I think I just need sleep. I haven't taken a nap yet today."

I nodded and agreed. "Listen, I want to just say this and you are going to listen. If you start feeling worse and want to go home to Chicago...I understand. If this was too fast for you, we can go home and be there on our vacation instead. Or, we can go to Los Angeles. I just want you to be healthy okay? If you aren't having fun here and are always sick...then I am not going to want to stay because I will just feel really bad. This is our honeymoon, and if you are sick on it...then I am not going to stay here with you in the room all the time." Gabby nodded while kissing me.

Going to grab her neck, I went to kiss her softly and just held her close. "I am going to get some rest. We have been in the sun for a while. I am going to book us a couples massage for tomorrow. We'll see how I feel after that okay?" I nodded and agreed with her, grabbing her hand. "Promise you'll keep me in the know when it comes to how you are feeling?" Gabby nodded and smiled at me. "I promise. Now, go have some fun surfing. I will see you later." I agreed and nodded when she said that before going to kiss her quickly. Getting up, I then went to leave and smiled at her.

Gabby's POV:
Once Matt left, I smiled as I just laid down in bed. I was really tired and the pregnancy wasn't helping. But what wasn't helping even more...was the fact that I was dehydrated. Little did I Know how dehydrated I was. I would only find that out when I woke up next chapter...in the hospital.