Chapter 82

Gabby's POV: As I watched Matt walk away to go sit on the couch, I sighed when I decided to go join him. I knew that this was a sensitive topic (obviously). Turning the stove down, I went to walk over to him and then sat down next to him before rubbing his back. "Hey, talk to me baby. What's wrong?" Matt then put his hand on my leg and sighed. "It's stupid but...it was a bad shift. It was shortly after you left and that's no reason but, I was sloppy when you first left." I then felt bad when he said that and went to grab his hand, hoping to give him comfort.

"We had a fire where a victim looked a lot like you. I thought it was you for some reason and..." I then moved to hug him and just stopped him. Moving to sit on his lap, I got close to him and just held him close. "Hey, Matt...look at me. I'm here, I'm okay." Matt then just wrapped his arms around me and held me close. It's like he didn't want to let me go as he relieved that situation. "I thought it was you for some reason and I was scared. Heck, I almost jumped into the ambulance. It was so real and I just lost control. I broke down."

I then went to rub the back of his head and felt bad for him. "Why didn't you tell me babe? As much as I wanted to be in Puerto Rico...I would've never wanted that for you. You could've came, you could've...I don't know." Matt then sighed when I said that and put my hand on my back. "That's why I didn't tell you. Because I didn't want to make you leave. You were happy there, I couldn't make you feel guilty from having to pick between your happiness and being with me." I sighed when he said that and nodded. 

"Listen, this is obviously a hard topic for you. If you don't want to talk about it...I understand babe." Matt then shook his head. "I'm okay." I then looked at him and went to kiss him softly. "No you aren't, I can see it in your eyes. You are reliving it again." Matt nodded as he just rubbed my back. "Matt, I'm here. I'm safe and pregnant." Matt nodded when I said that before running his hands up my back. Kissing him softly, I went to whisper to him. "Babe, not here. Take me to bed and take me in your arms." Matt nodded when I said that before going to pick me up.

Wrapping my arms around his head as he kissed me slowly, I smiled while he wrapped my legs around his waist. "Any limits?" I shook my head. "Only whatever you need to know that I am safe in your arms." Matt nodded and agreed with me when I said that, carrying me to our bedroom so that we could have a bit of alone time together in bed. But little did I know just how exciting our time in bed was going to be.

And by exciting, I mean a whole bunch of intimate time in bed with my girl.