Chapter 92

Matt's POV: Once owe arrived at our seats, I sighed because there was a separator between our two seats. That meant we weren't going to be able to cuddle as much as I wanted to. And it might be a bit harder to kiss her at midnight. Gabby then looked at me. "Oh just relax, if we can figure out how to do date night over the phone...we can figure out how to kiss at midnight." The flight attendant then looked at us. "The pilot is going to be stabilizing the flight around midnight for the couples on the flight." Gabby nodded and smiled. "Oh about that..."

The flight attendant looked at her. "Can we make sure not to get an alcoholic menu. I am actually pregnant so, I can't have any alcohol." The flight attendant smiled and grabbed her hand. "Congratulations to the both of you. Babymoon?" I then laughed. "Delayed honeymoon. We've been married a couple years but, we just never got around to it until now." She agreed and smiled. "Listen, I will make sure to bring you a few extra snacks. I know you are hungrier." Gabby smiled and agreed. "My husband did it fast apparently so...we didn't do anything."

She agreed and smiled. "I will be back soon." Walking away, she smiled at the both of us. Meanwhile, Gabby went to grab her carry on bag. "Listen, you come around here and help me with my laptop bag. I brought it in case I want to use it at the hotel. Can you put it in the overhead bin?" I nodded and agreed with her. "Just remember to tell me if you feel sick, I am here to help you during the flight." Gabby agreed and nodded as she grabbed my hand and smiled at me. "Now, go get changed before it gets busy." She agreed and smiled. 

Meanwhile, I went to walk around to her side of the seats and then went to grab her laptop. Putting it in the bin above her, I smiled when I saw a kid run by. "Woah, careful bud." The mom then walked up to me. "Sorry, I hoped he would be tired." I smiled when she said that. "Believe me, I am going to have to get used to it." I then went to go help her. "Hey bud, come here. You ever meet a real life firefighter?" The boy (who seemed to be about Louie's age) then shook his head. Bending down, I put my hands out and smiled. "Well, now you have."

Walking over to me, he was shy. "You're a firefighter?" I nodded and smiled. "And so is my wife. We work for the City of Chicago. Can you promise me something?" He nodded. "Try not to se any fires off next year. The less fires, the more time I am going to be able to spend with my twins next year." He agreed and smiled when I said that. I then got up and went to look at his mom. "Thanks for doing that." I agreed and smiled. "Matt." She then went to shake my hand. "Mikaela." I smiled when she said that. "Have a safe and happy new year. Enjoy Cancun." 

She smiled and nodded when I said that. Walking back to their seats in Economy, she smiled. That's when I heard Gabby. "Who was that?" I then turned to look at her. "A mom in need of a helping hand. Boy who isn't very tired." She nodded and smiled when I said that. Stepping close to me, Gabby went to put her hand on my cheek before kissing me softly. "Have I ever told you how much I love you." I nodded and smiled when she said that. "Now listen, get comfortable. I already did it while you slept. Put on some sweats." Gabby then looked down.

"I didn't even notice that you left." I smiled when she said that and then nodded while helping her onto the bed. "You just get some rest okay? It'll be a long flight. But when we are there, we are heading right to the hotel and then we are going to sleep." Gabby then looked at me. "Can I just get my midnight kiss now? I might try and sleep on the way." I then laughed. "Babe, you are going to get woken up but...I can still give you one." I then went to kiss her and smiled. "I am going to go get changed and then I am going to get in on my side." Gabby nodded and smiled.

Watching her get onto her bed, I smiled when she got comfortable. I then decided to help her buckle up. "That stays on the entire time." She agreed and smiled as I leaned over her and went to kiss her softly one last time. "I am going to get changed and then we can watch stuff together okay?" She agreed and smiled as I quickly grabbed my new shirt from my seat before walking away to the bathroom so that I could get changed for the flight.