Chapter 97

Matt's POV: Once I finished getting dressed that morning, I smiled as I went to make my plate while Gabby was in the washroom getting changed. That's when I heard her yell for me. "Matt?" Walking over to the washroom, I got a bit concerned. "Everything okay Gabby?" Walking in, I looked at her. "Sorry, just having a bit of trouble." I then looked at the bikini she was wearing and smirked because of which one it was. It was the one from the pictures of her in Puerto Rico. "God, you look really sexy in this while being pregnant." Wrapping my arms around her, I smirked as I went to put my hands on her stomach. Kissing her shoulder, I looked at her in the mirror so that I could admire just how beautiful my beautiful wife was. Turning around in my arms, Gabby looked at me. "Can you help me with my bra now?" I nodded and smiled at her.

I nodded and agreed with her as I went to turn around and helped her with her bra. Doing it up, I smiled while just staring at her. Luckily I was actually able to do it up because it was quite distracting, especially now that she was pregnant. Turning around in my arms (again) to once again look at me, Gabby smiled as she went to grab the back of my head. "You like this don't you?" I nodded and smiled at her before going to kiss her softly. "Oh yes I do, you are so delicious in this and don't be surprised if I just hold you in my arms all day...kissing you and running my hands all over this body." That's when I heard my phone ring. Sighing, I looked at her. "Want me to just ignore it or should we answer it? Might be Happy New Year's."

Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded. "Can you go get it? I want to see who it is." I nodded and agreed. "Oh, by the way...tonight we are going to take a bath. I know I said I wanted to do one last night but..." Gabby just smiled when I said that. "Just shut up. I already want to do that anyways...no need to convince me. Your hands all over my nice pregnant body while we take a bath? Sign me up." I laughed when she said that and smiled as I grabbed her hand. Rubbing it, I smiled as we walked out to bed together so that we could have breakfast and call Antonio. "We have to call Antonio by the way. We can call whoever called us afterwards." Gabby nodded and agreed as we both made our way to bed together. "Just be careful, breakfast is on the bed."

Gabby turned to look at me when I said that, obviously a bit annoyed. "I know Matt, I am not blind." Getting in bed, Gabby went to sit next to it and smiled as she went to grab one of the plates. "You picked good though." I nodded and agreed with her. That's when I grabbed my phone and saw it was Severide. "It's Severide. Want me to ignore it or..." Gabby then laughed. "Like you are going to be able to. I know you Matt....you want to talk to him. So do it and just put him on speakerphone." I nodded and agreed as I went to call him back, putting it on speakerphone. That's when he answered. "Oh good, I didn't wake you guys up." I then smiled. "No, it's the same time here as it is in Chicago. Don't worry about that."

Severide then laughed. "So, how's Cancun so far?" I was shocked when he said that and so was Gabby. "Uhm, who told you that we were in Cancun?" Severide laughed. "There was a brochure that you left here on your way out Matt. Activities to do in Cancun." I then blushed and turned to look at Gabby. "I thought maybe you took it. I was actually scared that you found out where I was taking you on our Honeymoon." Gabby nodded when I said that before going to grab my hand. Smiling at me, she intertwined our fingers and looked at me. "Believe me, I would've said something. You know me, wanting reassurance ahead of time that everything is going to be okay." I nodded when she said that, knowing that was the truth.

"Listen, I am not going to take up anymore of your time. I know you guys are on your honeymoon. You guys enjoy it." I smiled when he said that and nodded. "Thanks man. Talk later." I then went to hang up and smiled as I went to grab some of the eggs we have for breakfast. "Oh, you have to try those eggs. They are good." Gabby then agreed and went to grab her fork to try then. "Can you call my brother for me? I want to say thanks." I nodded and agreed as I went to call him. "He probably did this so that we would call him. He must be worried." Gabby nodded when I said that. "Don't let him off the phone without yelling at him about Hank! I mean, it's one thing for him to be on our flight but...at our resort too?" 

I nodded and remembered that. "Believe me, I am just as mad at him about that too. So, let me take a few more bites and then I am going to call him right away." Gabby nodded and agreed as she went to grab the drinks they brought us. Once I took a few bites, I went to grab my phone and went to call Antonio. I just hoped he answered and luckily, he did. "Is Gabby okay?" I then laughed when he said that. "Oh, she's fine. Relax Antonio...we just left yesterday night. Believe me, I would've called you earlier than this if something was wrong. I mean, other than the fact that Hank Voight is at the same resort as us on our honeymoon."

Antonio was shocked when I said that. "No, you guys are at Le Blanc Spa Resort, Cancun?" I then looked at Gabby. "Okay, how do you know that just by me telling you that Voight is here?" Antonio laughed when I said that. "It is a known fact at the CPD and in the CFD that Hank always goes there on New Year's Eve and stays for a week. So, you are stuck with him during your entire honeymoon." Gabby then turned to look at me. "Okay, then this is not our honeymoon. This is just a long overdue vacation. Can we both agree on that?" I then shook my head. "Sorry babe, not with how much this place cost. This is our honeymoon."

Gabby then sighed when I said that. "Babe, we need to save our money. Why did you take me to such an expensive place when you know we are having twins!" I then knew she was starting to get worried and sighed. "Listen Antonio, I am going to have to let you go. Gabby is getting stressed." Gabby then went to get up and walked away to the window so that she could breathe. Antonio agreed and already hung up when I got up to go be with Gabby. "Babe, I know this place is expensive. But I wanted to treat you to something special you'll remember forever." Gabby then turned to look at me and sighed.

"Matt, we could've gone to Florida or something." I then sighed and went to wrap my arms around her. "Gabby, just take a breath and look at me." Gabby then nodded as he took a breath and just relaxed a bit. Moving my arms around her waist more, I went to kiss her softly and then whispered to her. "I wanted to do something special for you. Take you somewhere we could make memories nobody had to know about. Take you somewhere we could be alone and just concentrate on each other. Gabby, this is the place. I love you and at the end of the day, that's all that matters. The fact that you are the love of my life."

Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded. Wrapping her arms around me while stepping close to me, she went to kiss me softly and smiled. "I love you too and I feel the same way Matt. You are the love of my life and you always will be." I smiled when she said that and nodded. "Then listen, let's get back in bed and eat breakfast. Then, we can go to the pool or to the ocean. Which do you want to do more?" Gabby then smiled at me. "Let's stay around here today. Let's go take a swim. But later when I get tired...we are going to come take a nap. Then, I expect to get a nice massage in the bath later tonight." I smiled when she said that.

"You want to do it before we go instead? I know that you are a bit stressed and if it can give you stress relief, than I am all for that." Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded. "Let's have breakfast and then we can head to the pool okay? That sounds like a great idea." Walking over to bed while holding my hand, Gabby smiled as we went to eat breakfast together so that we could head to the pool that morning.