Chapter 20

Matt's POV:
After running after Gabby to our room, I caught up to her and saw her standing at the window. "Hey, what's wrong Gabby? Talk to me. We are not going to do this again. We need to talk." Gabby then sighed and turned to look at me. "Sorry, I just got scared about what to say. I didn't want to upset you with what my answer might be..." Going over to her, I just want to grab her hands and brought her close to me. "Gabby, just talk to me. Tell me your honest answer."

Looking into my eyes, Gabby sighed and then put her hands on my chest. "The honest answer is that I am not sure what I want Matt. I am not sure if I want to go back or if I want to stay here in the future. It was my dream to go with you but...you didn't want that. What if I say yes and that changes your mind about us or having a baby together?" I then shook my head before pushing her head up. "That is not going to happen. Us having a child together is not changing. It's a fact."

Gabby nodded when I said that and then just looked up at me. Putting my hands on her hips, I went to whisper to her. "Gabby, just look at me and remember who you are talking to. Your husband who loves and cares for you with his entire heart. Gabby, just take a breath...think about it and then tell me what you want." Gabby then nodded. "Matt, in the future...I probably will WANT to go back. However, I don't HAVE to go back. I want you and this baby more." I nodded and understood what she was saying.

Looking at her, I then went to help her onto our bed. Moving close to her, I smiled at her. "Listen, at the end of the day...all that matters right now is us concentrating on making sure that you and our baby get through this pregnancy safely and without any problems. When it comes time to decide what we do in the future, we can do that another time. Anyways, this dad here is interested in seeing the world through his daughter's eyes. That might be a lot of fun. So whatever you want to do, I will come with you."

Gabby smiled when I said that before kissing me softly. "You know I love you like crazy right?" I nodded and smiled when she said that. "I know that Gabby. You are putting your life on the line to give me a child. And that not only makes me love you...it makes me love you more if that's even possible. I don't think anybody else would ever have the courage or the strength to risk both their life and happiness to give me a child. Gabby, I want to say this because it is the truth." Gabby nodded and just let me talk.

"Gabby, what you are doing for me...for us is the most selfless thing you could ever do. I am sorry that I didn't see this way before but you being pregnant isn't selfish...it's love. You are willing to give up everything to give me a baby. And that is what I should've seen when you asked me to go ahead before you left to go to Puerto Rico. You weren't being selfish, you were doing it because you knew it would make me happy even if there was huge risks for you. I was the one that was selfish because I didn't want to loose another woman I love."

Gabby then wrapped her arms around me more and just held me close. "You are never going to loose me Matt. I am going to do this and we are going to be parents. I promise." I nodded and agreed with her. "Listen, now that we are past this...I am going to go make you a snack. I am not sure about you but...that made me a little hungry. Oh and sorry for bringing up Hallie." Gabby nodded and understood as I rubbed her back. Kissing her softly, I smiled at her. "What do you want for a snack? You need to eat again."

Gabby smiled when I said that. "You are going to make sure that I eat enough during this pregnancy aren't you?" I nodded and smiled when she said that. I then went to get up out of bed and leaned over her. Giving her a quick kiss, I then pushed up her shirt and went to kiss her stomach. "Last time I checked, we both want to meet this little one." Gabby smiled when I did that. "Okay, that is just adorable. You so want this just as much as me." I nodded and smiled at her. "And that's why you can rely on me to help you through this."

Gabby nodded and smiled when I said that before kissing me softly. "I bought some yogurt yesterday on my way home from the airport. Can you get me some ready in a bowl? Then, I am coming out to eat. I am not staying in here anymore because I am not going to stay here all the time. I need to stretch sometimes and move to be comfortable." I nodded and agreed with her, giving her one last kiss. "See you soon." Getting up, I smiled as I went to walk away to the kitchen to get her some yogurt.

Gabby's POV:
Once Matt left to go get me some yogurt, I smiled because it was something that made me love him so much. He is going to be the best dad and I already know that. This guy here is going to be so lucky and I want him to know that. He should know how lucky he is and there is no better way for him to know that than to be named after his father.

Getting up and walking over to the kitchen, I went to walk out and just said the name I wanted to use for a boy. "Matthew James Casey, Jr." Matt then turned to look at me, confused. "What?"