Chapter 95

Gabby's POV: After getting changed for bed, I sighed as I came out of the washroom considering I just had a little bit of "morning sickness". I swear, if this is because of the flight...I am going to hate flying back to Chicago because it will take longer and I will be further along in the pregnancy. That's when I saw Matt laying down in bed, looking really comfortable. "You look comfortable." Turning to look at me, he smiled at me. "Yeah, I am...but you can always make me look even more comfortable by joining me in bed." I smiled when he said that before going to walk over to the A/C. "Okay, sorry but that needs to stay on a bit. It's really hot in here."

Matt then smirked when I said that. "Oh yes it is. Especially considering my gorgeous pregnant wife looks amazing." Walking over to him, I went to open the covers to my side of the bed. Going to grab the elastic I had around my wrist, I went to put my hair up because I didn't want to overheat. "Babe, last time I was pregnant...I was always a lot warmer. So don't complain when I say this. Plus, you are used to working in much warmer temperatures. Remember, you are a firefighter. I am only a paramedic." Matt then looked at me. "Babe, that's not true...I never want to ever here you tell our kids that you are just a paramedic. You are a firefighter."

I sighed when he said that before going to lay down next to him and putting my head on his chest. Rubbing his chest as I felt Matt wrap his arm around me, I smiled when he kissed the top of my head. "Believe me when I say this Gabby...you are always going to be that bad ass firefighter I proposed to. I never want you to tell your kids that you are just a paramedic, please promise me that." I nodded and agreed with him before feeling him rub my back. "I just never work as a firefighter anymore." Matt nodded. "Still, don't discount all that training you did." I agreed with him when he said that and smiled as I laid my head down on his shoulder.

Matt then went to rub my back and just smiled. "Okay, onto another topic. How are you liking Cancun so far?" I smiled when he asked me that. "I am here with the man I love in a romantic suite. Nothing more I could ever want or need." Matt smiled when I said that before going to kiss my forehead. "I love you Gabby and I am so glad that we are here. I know it was a risk coming here but I promise...you are going to love it here. I just know it." I agreed with him and smiled as I went to move onto his chest more. Laying down on top of him, I went to kiss him softly. "Happy new year baby. I am so glad this is where we are ringing in the new year."

I then moved to lay back down on his chest, Matt starting to realize that I was getting tired. "You want to go to sleep don't you?" I nodded when he said that. "I'm sorry babe, I am just tired." Matt nodded as he went to kiss my head. "Listen, I understand. Long day and you are pregnant. Just fall asleep in my arms okay? I am really comfortable right now. We'll talk in the morning about what you want to do. If you want to go to the pool, we can. But staying here is fine with me too." I smiled when he said that and nodded. "We'll see okay? But tomorrow morning, we are staying here. I am tired after such a long day. Remind me to call Antonio in the morning."

Matt agreed with me and went to kiss me one last time. "Of course. Now, can we head to bed? I am starting to get really tired after a long day. And we are going to have fun tomorrow regardless of what we do. And it starts in that bath over there." I then turned to look ati t and smiled when he said that. "Or right here." Matt nodded and agreed with me. "Listen, I am going to lay down next to you. You get sweaty when I sleep on your chest." Matt then stopped me. "You are not moving. I am comfortable and I like holding my family close to me." I smiled when he said that and nodded. "Okay. But listen, bed time...I am tired." Matt nodded as he kissed my head.

"Night babe." I agreed and went to give him one last kiss. "Night babe." Laying my head down on his chest, I smiled as we just held each other close before falling asleep in each other's arms.