Chapter 61

Matt's POV: After spending the past hour making some hot dogs and burgers with Boden, I smiled when I went to grab a plate. Looking at him, I smiled. "Listen, I will be right back to help. Just need to get Gabby eating." He looked at me and wasn't please. "Matt, the food is for the community first." I then sighed and looked at him. "I think you can make an exception for your honorary grandchild." He was confused when I said that. "Honorary grandchild?" I then looked at him. "My dad isn't with us anymore and you must know I've always looked up to you like a dad Boden. Please, you must know that." Boden then smiled as he gave me a quick hug. 

"Now, can I go give Gabby some food first?" He then looked at me. "Considering she is pregnant, I should've never complained or said anything." I then looked at him and nodded. "Exactly. I may be a firefighter but, I am also a father-to-be. Sorry chief but, we need to talk about that too." He nodded and agreed with me. "We will when you have fed Gabby." I nodded and agreed with him, preparing to walk over when I saw that Donna and Terrence were here. "Hey Boden, what Donna and Terrence like to eat?" Boden then looked up and saw her at the table with Gabby. He then laughed. "See what I mean, I knew this would happen. You would feed them first."

Boden nodded and agreed. "Sorry for making a big deal about it." He then went to make them some plates. "Here, this is how they like them too." I nodded and agreed. "We will talk about what I said when I get back." He nodded and agreed with me as I went to walk over to Gabby. "A couple hot dogs for my girl and our future candidate. And a burger from the boss man." Donna then turned to look at me and smiled, getting up. "Congratulations Matt, Gabby told me you guys are expecting." I nodded and agreed, going to hug her. "And Merry Christmas to you guys." Donna nodded and agreed. "Merry Christmas."

Cindy then got up next and came to hug me. "Merry Christmas and Congratulations." I smiled when she said that. "Sorry I didn't bring you food. I just brought some for Gabby because she's pregnant and Donna because she's the chief's wife." Cindy understood. "That's fine Matt. I can wait in line." Gabby then turned to look at me and pointed to her lips. I then laughed while bending down, going to kiss her softly. "Thanks baby, now go help out with the food again." I nodded and agreed with him, walking back over to Boden again. Once I was back, I just looked at him. "You're welcome." He smiled and nodded.

"Sorry again about that again. I should've known that was the right move. I mean she's pregnant." I nodded and agreed. "So, about this honorary grandchild thing?" I laughed and nodded. "I meant it. My dad isn't in the picture and honestly...Ramon is not the best person I wanted to talk to right now." That's when I heard a voice I never hoped to hear for a while. "Well, you are going to have to speak to me considering my daughter is pregnant." I then looked up at him and got nervous. "Ramon, Feliz Navidad!" Gabby then turned to look at me when she saw her dad there. She then got up and looked at me.

"Gabby, when did you get back in town?" Gabby then looked at him. "Like 2 days ago. Feliz Navidad papa." She then went to stand next to me before grabbing my hand. "Can we all speak about what you guys are thinking?" Gabby then shook her head. "No, we can't. Because you are not putting pressure on me to do anything that I don't want to do." Ramon then stared at her. "Watch your tone there missy. I am your father." Gabby then looked at him and sighed, shaking her head. "A father who put me in a bad position with my husband. Dad, you really think you should've stayed that long at our place? It was horrible."

Looking at Gabby, I went to wrap my arm around her and then kissed her head. "Listen, go lay down in my office okay? We don't want you to get stressed about this. I will come see you when I am done talking to him." Gabby nodded and agreed as she rubbed my back and kissed me softly. "Good luck." I nodded and agreed with her. "I think I'll need it." She agreed and nodded, walking away to go get her food so that she could go eat in my office. Meanwhile, I looked at Boden. "Boden, I am going to speak to my father-in-law okay?" Boden nodded and agreed with me, letting me leave with Ramon to speak to him.