GoFundMe Page Information

HELP GABBY HAVE A BABY
Goal: $10,000

My name is Gabriela Dawson-Casey. I am a former CFD Paramedic and former humanitarian who just returned from volunteering Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria. Recently, I discovered I was pregnant. However, this news was both a blessing and a curse for me and my husband, CFD Fire Captain and former Alderman for Chicago's 52nd Ward, Matt Casey. In 2018, I was diagnosed with an aneurysm and it was recommended that we not have a baby because it was risky.

We tried to adopt a child but, his father came back and we decided it was best for him to return and be with his biological family. Now, we are scared to adopt again because we don't want to have to go through the pain of loosing another child. While this pregnancy is risky, there are treatments. We have recently discovered a course of treatment at the University of Chicago's School of Medicine. They help women like me with aneurysms successfully give birth.

I would like to get this treatment because I am scared. I want this so bad but, there is a risk to me and my baby if the aneurysm ruptures. My doctor told me that both me and my child could die if the aneurysm were to rupture. I am in a hard place. I want this baby so bad but, I am scared. I feel like discovering this course of treatment was a blessing in disguise. After serving our community for a while, I am now asking our community to help me. Help us have a baby.

Thanks,
Gabriela Dawson and Matthew Casey