Chapter 65

An hour later when Matt & Gabby are back at the apartment:
Matt's POV: After getting back home, I smiled as I finished getting changed into my sweats when I saw Gabby just laying down in bed. Looking a little tired, I smiled at her while I finished putting my shirt on. Walking over to her, I saw her looking up at me. "I am proud of how you dealt with my dad today." I smiled when she said that. "Thanks babe. Honestly, I just hope he doesn't bother us. I do not want you all stressed out. That's not good for you." Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that considering it was the truth. Holding her close, I just smiled.

That's when I felt Gabby put her head on my shoulder and her arm across me. "You cold?" Gabby nodded when I asked her that so, I decided to tug the covers up and just went to hold her close. That's when I decided to also grab the blanket that smelt like my because I knew how much Gabby liked it when we used it. Moving it around me and bringing Gabby onto my chest more, I went to cover Gabby up a bit while holding her close. "You comfortable?" Gabby nodded and agreed while I went to kiss her forehead. "I am sorry your dad came back, you okay?"

Gabby sighed when I mentioned her dad. "Honestly, I have no clue what I am feeling right now. I am just confused. Do I really want to have him around when I know he is just going to cause us stress? Matt, I know how you really feel about him. I don't want that to screw us up." I nodded when she said that before  rubbing her back and going to kiss her softly. "Nothing is going to screw us up okay? We are in this for the long run Gabby. You are my wife and that isn't going to change, ever. I promise you that right now." Gabby nodded and agreed with me.

Looking at Gabby after quickly talking about her dad, I could tell she was tired. Kissing her forehead, I decided to go turn off my bedside lamp so it was darker in here. "Why did you shut off your lamp babe?" I then smiled at her. "I know you are tired. So, I am going to make sure it's easy for you to fall asleep if you need to." I then went to grab the remote. "However, we can watch TV. What do you want to watch? Or do you want to watch Netflix?" Gabby then smiled at me. "Can we just do PVR? I want to watch a mystery. Dateline or something." I nodded, agreeing.

I then went to kiss her head while going to find a Dateline to watch. "Promise me something though?" Gabby was confused when I said that. "What are you talking about Matt?" I then looked at her. "I want you to promise that you aren't going to force yourself to stay up and watch the entire mystery. If you are tired, fall asleep. I can go do your laundry." Gabby then shook her head. "Tomorrow we can do it when we stay home. We aren't leaving except for groceries anymore. Sorry but, I want my man to myself from now on." I nodded and smiled.

"I want my girl to myself from now on too." Gabby then leaned up and kissed me softly. "And you will for the rest of you life." I smiled when she said that before going to lean my forehead against hers. I then went to pick a Dateline before smiling at her. "This one good?" Gabby nodded and smiled when I asked her that. I then whispered to her. "Remember what I said, you fall asleep if you need to. However, I promise that I am going to be right here when you wake up." Gabby smiled when I said that. "Good because I don't want you to leave anymore."

I then looked at her. "And I don't want you to leave anymore without me. I promise, this is forever. Us being together. I am just glad I convinced you to not divorce me when I got the papers." Gabby nodded when I said that. "Honestly, I think that was my biggest mistake. I almost lost you." I then looked at her and shook my head. "Gabby, you would've never lost me. You are my one and only. Forever." I then decided to roll her over onto her side. Laying down close to her in bed, I went to bring her close to my chest and wrapped my arm around her.

Smiling as I held her close, Gabby moved her arms around my neck and just looked at me. "What do you say we just listen to Dateline instead of watching it? Then we can do something else." Gabby then looked at me and nodded. Going to grab the remote, I went to start the Dateline episode we chose to watch. Once that was done, I went to put my hand on Gabby's hip and smiled as we started to watch the episode. Moving her hands back to my chest, Gabby smiled as she felt my arms wrap themselves around her. Gabby then did the same.

Instead of kissing her, we ended up just watching the episode and holding each other close. Oh, who am I kidding? We kissed each other sometimes and it was nice. But not the entire time. We actually just spent maybe 2 hours watching Dateline and it was interesting. The best part, our competition to see who could solve the mystery first.

WANT TO FIND OUT WHO SOLVED THE MYSTERY FIRST? KEEP READING, RATE AND REVIEW.

ALSO, I AM TAKING STORYLINE SUGGESTIONS PLEASE PRIVATE MESSAGE ME.