Chapter 62

Matt's POV:
After walking away with Ramon, I looked at him and sighed. "First of all, Merry Christmas once again. Or Feliz Navidad." He nodded when I said that. "Same to you Matthew. Now, what's this about my daughter being pregnant? I thought I heard something about it not being recommended?" I sighed when he said that. "Of course you would know about that. You always know about everything in our marriage." Ramon then looked at me. "Matt, it's my job to know..." I then shook my head. "Frankly, no it isn't. You are not her husband and you are not my wife. Ramon, that's why I didn't want you living with us. I don't need my father-in-law knowing about everything that happens in my marriage. Because it is just that...my marriage."

Ramon then looked at me. "And she's my daughter." I nodded. "Yes, we've established that Ramon. No need to harp on it. Please, just don't get involved. You know what happened last time you tried to get involved. We had troubles and I am not ready to have those types of problems with you. Or with Gabby frankly when she needs me the most." Ramon just shook his head. "And that's only because you decided to get her pregnant." I nodded. "Yes, I decided to show my wife how much I love her on our anniversary. That's how you make a baby Ramon."

Ramon shook his head when I said that. "And you are not at all worried about how this is putting her health at risk." I then stared at him and was insulted. "You didn't say that!" He then looked at me. "Matt, it's a fair question." I then shook my head. "I worry about my wife's health every hour of every day. I worry about her running into you without me and you overwhelming her. I worry about getting a call that something's wrong. Or did you forget that this is not the first time we are pregnant! I am scared out of my mind that we are going to loose another baby!"

Looking at him, I could tell he was shocked I just yelled at him. "Sorry, I didn't mean to yell. I am just scared okay? You do not know how I feel. Gabby just came back from working in Puerto Rico and she's pregnant. Ramon, I can't have you worrying her or causing her stress and we can't deal with you needing to live with us again. Ramon, what happened to that job you got?" Ramon then sighed when I asked him that. "I got fired because I told my supervisor he was doing something wrong." I sighed when he said that. "For that I am sorry. But just know, you are not living with us. I am not putting that stress on Gabby. She knows I hated having you there."

Ramon then crossed his arms. "And if she wants me there?" I shook my head. "I am going to try and remind her that we need to keep the stress down in the house. Admit if Ramon, you bring the stress up whenever you are around." That's when I heard Antonio come and join us. "If that isn't the truth." I then looked at him and smiled. "If you are here to flirt with Sylvie, she isn't here." Antonio sighed. "Gabby texted me that our dad was here. Apparently, somehow he found out that Gabby was pregnant?" I nodded and looked at him. "Can you deal with him? I need to go talk to Gabby in the firehouse. You know why." Antonio nodded and agreed. "Go ahead man." I nodded and smiled as I went to run into the firehouse.

Antonio's POV:
Once Matt left to go inside so he could be with Gabby, I looked at my dad and sighed. "You seriously are going to make their life hell again aren't you dad?" My dad sighed when I said that. "I am just protecting my daughter. Something that you haven't been doing." I then looked at him. "Remind me why exactly you even went to stay at their place. Dad, I am divorced and have a bigger house." My dad then shrugged. "I didn't like the fact he just married her without my permission." I then looked at him. "He got my permission because you were MIA."

My dad sighed when I said that. "I have been MIA haven't I?" I nodded and looked at him. "Listen dad, you are not going to bother her okay? I talked to her and she really wants this baby. Her and Matt have had troubles when it came to kids. She wants this because she's always wanted to be a mom. She did have a foster kid but...his dad came back. She wants something that can't be taken away from her. So please, just try and leave them be. They want this too much." My dad sighed and understood. "Okay. But if he does something..." I just looked at him.

"You are not going to do anything. Remember, Gabby is still pregnant. I don't want you to do anything that will cause her too much stress. I am with Matt in this case and I am not going to be happy if you do something that can cause her problems. Then, I am going to hate you because you could've killed my sister. So dad, please think of that when you interact with them. Make her too stressed and you could kill your daughter." My dad then stared at me when I said that.

"Of course." He then walked away, probably shocked when I said that. I then went to take a quick breath before deciding to go check on Matt and Gabby.