Chapter 14

Matt's POV: After making my way out to the living room again, I looked at Severide and sighed. "Hey guys, sorry to cut this short but..." He then looked at me. "Let me guess, she is not ready to give up the precious private time she has with her husband right now?" I sighed. "That and you scared her. She is not ready to think about me fighting fires right now because she associates that with putting my life at risk. Mix that in with the pregnancy hormones and stuff, it's just not a good combination. Oh, and she's my wife." Stella then looked at me, offended. "What's that got to do with anything?" I then laughed. "Aren't you worried every time Severide goes into a fire?"

Stella then nodded and agreed with what I said. "Very good point and that makes complete sense what you said. Pregnant wife, firefighter husband...fire stories are not the best topic." I laughed and agreed. "Who knows what goes through her mind. The hormones and anxiety probably do not mix. Heck, just her being my wife makes her worry...especially after that factory fire. You know which one I am talking about right?" Severide nodded and agreed as he got up and then came to give me a hug. "Listen, we are going to get out of your hair. Congrats again." I smiled when he said that. "Remember, you do not say a word to the house."

Kelly nodded and agreed with me when Stella got up to hug me. "Congrats from me too. By the way, do you know who I am stuck with on your vacation if you are still taking it? I mean, not that you need to come back...you should actually take time with Gabby, celebrate this." I then nodded and smiled when she said that. "Yeah. I am still taking it. Speaking of which, this doesn't get out at the firehouse until I am back. You can say that Gabby is back for good but not why. That stays between us. This time, we want to wait until she's at least 6 weeks...so that's another 2 weeks. We might even wait until 8 weeks. That way, we are even more sure. I am just not ready to go through that."

Stella was confused when I said that. "Through what?" I then sighed. "You guys all staring at us like you did last time you know..." Kelly nodded and agreed. "Hey, that isn't going to happen this time. I just have this feeling. But, I am going to pray for you guys." I was shocked when he said that. "Sorry, did he just say that he's going to pray for us? Stella, did I just hear that right?" He laughed when I said that. "It's an expression man. You are both in my thoughts. You guys deserve this." I agreed and smiled while walking him to the door.

"Just remember man, you say anything and your head is on the chopping block. Nobody is to find out until we tell everybody on our schedule." We agreed and nodded, obviously scared of me. "Let's just get going Stella before we make this papa bear mad." I laughed when he said that. "Yeah, and be safe on shift over the next week. I am on break. Don't tell Boden though, he might make me work if I am not in Puerto Rico. I am not sure if I have to be away from Chicago." Severide then shook his head. "You take it. Just relax and celebrate man."

I nodded and smiled when he said that before going to shut the door behind him. Locking up, I then went to make my way back to me and Gabby's room so that I could hold her in bed and just relax with her and our baby. And boy did I love saying that. Just the thought of us having a child together brought an instant smile upon my face. But all I really needed in life was the woman currently laying down in our bed. She was home and I hoped that it would be for good. If not, I am moving to Puerto Rico because she is mine for the rest of my life...kids or no kids.