Chapter 70

Matt's POV: After walking into the bedroom, I saw Gabby standing by the window. I knew she was nervous and I could tell that she was not very happy with Severide. And honestly, neither was I. She didn't need this stress and thanks to him, she had it. I decided to walk over to her and just stood behind her while wrapping my arms around her waist. "Hey, can you look me so we can talk Gabby?" Gabby nodded and agreed with me as she turned around in my arms. I could already tell she was worried, so I decided to take her into my arms to hold her.

Stepping close to her, I went to wrap my arms around her and sighed. "Hey, I know you are worried but you don't have to okay?" I then went to grab her neck and rubbed her cheek. "I am here to talk and we can cancel our plans with them if you want to. Whatever you want to do...I will understand Gabby. You are my priority right now and I don't care if it ruins my friendship with Severide. You are my wife, he is my friend. You and our family will always come first. You can take those words to the bank because it is not a promise...it's a guarantee."

Gabby nodded and agreed with me. "What happens if it is twins? I mean, that is expensive. Does that change your mind? Would you want to..." I then went to grab her neck and stopped her from talking by bringing her lips against mine. Kissing her slowly, I smiled while holding her close. "I never want you to doubt whether I would change my mind just because it's twins. I would be so happy if it was twins babe. Just think about it...kids guaranteed to have friends their age."

"I guess that does sound great." I nodded and smiled when she said that before putting my hands on her stomach. I then decided to do something sweet. Getting down on my knees, I went to kiss her stomach and whispered to it. "No matter how many of you are in there, mommy and daddy already love you with our entire hearts." Gabby smiled when I did that and nodded. "God, that was adorable babe." I smiled and then went to get up. "I meant every word of what I said." Gabby nodded and smiled when I said that. "I loved watching you do that. It was cute."

I smiled when she said that and nodded while kissing her softly. "And I plan on continuing to do it until our kids are born. I want to remind you every day that you are loved and that our child or children will be loved from the minute he, she...whatever, are born. I promise Gabby." Gabby nodded when I said that before going to wrap her arms around me. Doing the same, I kissed her head and smiled at her. "You are totally asking Severide to move out. He is going to say stupid stuff like that all the time and he is going to ruin this for us. I just have that feeling."

Looking down at her, I went to grab her neck and kissed her softly. "I promise, he is moving out." I then went to grab her hand and smiled at her, intertwining our fingers. "Now listen, you want to ask them to spend the night in their room so we can lay down on the couch again? I was comfortable there." Gabby then thought about it and then wrapped her arm around my back. "Aren't they working tomorrow?" I then thought about it and nodded. "So tomorrow we have the living room to ourselves. So, let's just stay in here tonight and maybe make out a bit."

Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded. "I am a bit hormonal." I smiled when she said that and nodded. "Listen, I am going to talk to them. Then, I am going to take this off and join you in bed. Tonight, I just want to get in bed and look down at my beautiful wife. Let's just get ready for bed and then...we don't have to leave bed anymore. We can just spend time showing each other a bit of love." Gabby smiled when I said that and then moved to wrap her arms around my neck. Grabbing her back as she did that, I kissed her softly and smiled at her. "I love you."

"I love you too." Holding each other close, I smiled as I just wrapped my arms around her back and rubbed it. "Let's talk to them, get ready for bed in the washroom. Then we can come back in here and be alone for the rest of the night." Gabby nodded when I said that. Letting her go, I then went to grab her hand and intertwined our fingers. Once that was done, I lead her out of our bedroom so that we could tell Stella and Severide that we are going to rest in our bed. After that, we got ready for bed in the washroom before coming back to our room.