Chapter 8

Gabby's POV: After talking to my brother a little while longer, I smiled when I came to join Matt in the shower. He was already in there and starting to wash up when I dropped my towel. Opening the shower door, I smiled when I went to rub his back. "Someone wanted some company?" Turning to look at me, Matt smiled when I said that. "Always." Getting in the shower with him, I smiled as I went to wrap my arms around him and then kissed him softly. "I love you and I am so glad we are in this together." Matt nodded and smiled when I said that. "Me too." 

Rubbing my arms as we held each other close, Matt smiled at me before grabbing some soap. "We haven't done this is so long. I am just glad we are doing it." I smiled and nodded when he said that before cuddling up to him. "Today, I want to just stay in bed and celebrate. Not like last night but...I just want time alone with you. I missed you." Matt nodded when I said that. "Well, I like that idea. Breakfast in bed and a whole bunch of time with my girls." I smiled when he said that. "Oh and how are you so positive that this one's a little girl."

Matt smiled when I asked him that. "I don't...but I just want one. Gabby if this goes good for us, I don't want you to think we need to go for another one. We have a baby, I don't need more than one." I nodded and agreed with him. "Yeah, I get that." Moving his hand to my side, Matt brought me against his chest before kissing me softly. "And all I want right now is for you to relax okay? All this worrying isn't safe for you. Heck, I actually think we should've gotten in the bath instead of the shower." I smiled when he said that. "Is it too late for that?"

Matt nodded when I asked him that. "Yeah, because I want to do this now." Going to wrap his arm around my back, Matt went to pick me up and smirked as he pushed me against the wall. Feeling his lips on mine, I wrapped my arms around his head as he held me close. Kissing me slowly, I smiled while rubbing Matt's chest because I missed him more than he could ever imagine. This was exactly what I wanted and needed in life. Him as my husband and us together with our future child safe in our arms. Matt then pulled away and looked at me.

"What's going on in that brain of yours?" I smiled when he said that. "I am just thinking about how this is all I need in life. You as my husband and our future child safe in our arms." Matt smiled and agreed with me. "I feel the same way. You are my one and only babe, know that." I nodded and agreed with him, kissing him again as we took it slow with each other in the shower. "And nothing will ever change that fact for me." Matt smiled when I said that and nodded. "Oh and during this pregnancy, you are going to rest. Let me treat you like a queen."

I smiled when he said that and nodded. "Today, I need rest okay? I had a long day yesterday. Between flying until our celebrating until the early morning hours...I would like to just stay in bed together and rest. Maybe we can watch TV or something." Matt smiled when I said that. "We have all of your recordings to catch up on. We also have to get you unpacked. So while I get you unpacked, you can watch TV. How does that sound?" I then smiled at him. "We also need to talk to our families about Christmas." Matt then sighed.

"About that. That's really why I was coming. I mean yes, I was always coming to see you but...I was leaving today because I had a falling out with my mom and sister. It was the anniversary of my dad's death and Christie wanted to do a memorial. I was against it because you know...he abused me and stuff." Matt then bit his lip. "Not that you have to worry about that for our child. I would never hurt our child." I nodded when he said that. "I know that baby, I know." Matt smiled when I said that. "But listen, today we need rest."

I smiled and agreed with him. "But this morning, I want to just sit in bed together. You can get me unpacked later. But I need to talk to Severide, I am going to ask to work at OFI like I did during my last pregnancy." Matt bit his lip when I said that. "Not a good idea?" Matt sighed when I said that. "Listen, let's finish in the shower...we'll get dressed, then we can talk." I nodded and understood, knowing we needed to communicate with each other if this was going to work. Kissing him softly, I smiled as we held each other.

"I love you Matt and I want you to remember that. We are in this together and we are a team. Never forget that and know I am here for you." Matt nodded and smiled when I said that, taking it slow with me as we held each other in the shower that morning.