Chapter 107

Editor: Sahloknir

Tan Mingjin put the book about raising piglets away. He took out his phone and looked at his search history to make sure that he was the one who added this book to the list. Then, he deleted the search history as if nothing had happened, going back to his desk to continue working.

He had once gained the nickname 'overtime fiend'. Naturally, there was a reason for this. As a first generation rich man with great self-control, who never failed to achieve anything he wanted to. Once Tan Mingjin got down to work, he focused entirely on each task.

But for some reason today, though his eyes were clearly looking at the computer, all he could think about was Shi Qing.

One second, it would be Shi Qing's stubborn and defiant look, and in the next it would be little Shi Qing crying and pitifully wiping away his tears.

After a while, it turned into the little guy glaring at him with wide eyes and spitting at him.

The man's hand tapping away on the keyboard unconsciously slowed down.

Slower and slower, slower and slower...

Finally, he decided to stop. Pinching his brow, he opened a new browser and started searching for why a child would put on a mask and conceal his true feelings.

Of course, he couldn't tell anyone about how he could see a little guy on Shi Qing's shoulder that represented his true thoughts.

He'd already gone to the hospital and visited a psychologist too. Both gave him a clean bill of health. Thus, this matter could only remain a mystery for now.

After Tan Mingjin looked at the answers that popped up on the internet, he fell back into contemplation.

[When a child is afraid to show his true thoughts, it means he feels very unsafe. Some children appear unruly on the outside, but they will hide and cry alone at night. This is a textbook example of insecurity.]

The man's brow furrowed even more.

Prickly on the surface while crying in secret...

Didn't that describe Shi Qing to a 'T'?

He appeared overbearing on the outside, like he couldn't care less if other people hated him. But actually, the little guy on his shoulder was already wailing.

Tan Mingjin wrinkled his brow and continued to read on.

[Why would a child be insecure? There is always a reason. According to research, most children become insecure due to familial factors, such as divorce, being raised by a single parent, or both parents leaving to work in distant areas. They are often raised by their grandparents and lack parental affection growing up. In addition...]

Tan Mingjin could no longer bear to read another word.

After all, Shi Qing ticked off all the boxes so far.

He lost his parents and had no one by his side.

When he was a child, he was accompanied only by a nanny who gave him whatever he wanted.

Even Tan Mingjin, his uncle, was not always there for him.

Tan Mingjin never realised that there was anything wrong with this arrangement before. After all, as far as he could remember back, Shi Qing didn't seem to depend on him much as a child.

To Shi Qing, Tan Mingjin seemed to basically be a mobile wallet or treasure trove. He only sought out his uncle when he wanted something.

At least, that was what the man once thought.