Chapter 175

Editor: Sahloknir

Shi Qing remained by Gong Yu’s side. He watched his initial obedience devolve into fear and then outright, heartbroken sobs.

He tried to talk to Gong Yu, but this was only a memory after all. How could Gong Yu hear anything he said? In the end, Shi Qing could only sit by Gong Yu’s side and tentatively reach out. His intangible hand hovered a fraction above Gong Yu’s shoulder, offering him silent comfort.

Having witnessed Gong Yu’s initial happiness to his current breakdown, it would be a lie to say Shi Qing didn’t feel even the slightest bit guilty.

He couldn’t understand how he could forget about Gong Yu.

Even if Gong Yu wasn’t human but just a character in a game, the youthful him of then definitely considered Gong Yu his friend.

Shi Qing was always present. He saw how his past self relied on, and trusted Gong Yu.

At first, he thought he had forgotten because of what happened to his family and his swift departure from the game. Perhaps not being able to play for a long time made Gong Yu slip his mind.

But after witnessing with his own eyes how well his past self got along with Gong Yu, how close they were…

Shi Qing dismissed the possibility.

He might seem cold and aloof at first glance, but in reality he was the type to always remember those who were even slightly kind to him.

And there was no way his memory could have become so bad anyway.

Although the youthful Shi Qing considered Gong Yu as just a friend, the far more experienced and worldly Shi Qing could tell there was something more.

His past self liked Gong Yu.

Ah, young love. How pure and unaware it was.

Youthful Shi Qing subconsciously chose to play with Gong Yu, to keep Gong Yu company, and drag Gong Yu everywhere with him.

His eyes shone the brightest when he was looking at Gong Yu.

And this was true for Gong Yu as well.

But Shi Qing couldn’t remember.

Had he ever liked anyone?

Why couldn’t he remember?

Why did he have the impression that he only met the main villain in this game and did not kill him?

Even though he’d seen with his own eyes his past self and Gong Yu’s interactions…

When he recalled the past, even Gong Yu’s face was a blur.

Gong Yu was still crying.

For the first time, he understood what sadness felt like. He cried for an entire day and night.

In the end, he cried until his tears ran out. He sat where he was before, frozen in place like a statue, staring obsessively at the spot where the youthful Shi Qing had vanished.

Shi Qing thought that Gong Yu would hate him.

After all, it was the youthful Shi Qing who had promised him that he’d stay. It was him who taught the naive Gong Yu the meaning of heartbreak.

It was like a person who had never eaten tasty food in his life. He ate only unappetizing stuff since he was born.

Then one day, another person gave him something tasty to eat. They even came back every day with more.