Chapter 174

Editor: Casey

The players of ‘Descent of Chivalry’ were finding the newly discovered Myriad Flower Valley more and more confusing by the day.

Each player could only enter this quest area once. Since this VR game restricted everyone to a single account, they couldn’t just make a new one to play through again like in other games. Thus, all players could only enter one time.

And something very strange happened as a result.

Every once in a while, the players coming out of Myriad Flower Valley would have a different account of the scenario inside.

The earliest group of players saw a quest involving an ancient Chinese emperor and a spoiled young master, and both gave players the task of assassinating the other.

Things were alright if you encountered that young master. It was impossible to beat the emperor anyway, so the players just had to pretend to fight for a bit, give up, and be sent to the Reincarnation Centre. They would even have a chance to obtain a high-level spiritual weapon.

Those who were assigned tasks by that emperor were truly unfortunate souls.

This emperor was a lunatic.

While assigning the task of assassinating the Prime Minister’s son on one hand, he would also suddenly pop out and send the players straight back to the Reincarnation Centre when they do actually try to assassinate the target.

The players he took out: “???”

Didn’t you fucking assign this task??

How come you’re stopping us from doing it then??

Are you nuts??!

Yet there was nothing they could do, no matter how dumbfounded they were or how they cursed up a storm. As everyone knew already, many side quests in VR games were randomly generated. Not even the developers knew how they would turn out. So even though they were very fed up with this NPC, they could only vent in the forums about it.

They would also take the opportunity to warn players planning on challenging Myriad Flower Valley that they must be careful of that dark-robed, lunatic of an emperor.

He might be handsome, but screenshots and recording were prohibited inside Myriad Flower Valley anyway. You might as well go and find that Prime Minister’s son, who wasn’t too bad-looking himself. At least he didn’t issue tasks with one hand while stabbing people in the back with the other.

So the second group of players studied the discussions and confidently ventured into the Valley with ample weapons, pills, techniques, and pets.

They just had to find that Prime Minister’s son, right? Apparently, he was reminiscent of a jade-faced gentleman, handsome and genteel in a suit of fiery red. He also seemed like the type that was easy to talk to.

Then they came face to face with a demon who had a reckless and flirtatious smirk on his face.

He leaned lazily on a large jade stone and raised an ambiguous eyebrow at the players.

The players after looking at the clothes he was wearing: “…”

Those don’t look like they’re from Ancient China, ah.

This guy didn’t seem like the young master the previous players described, but he didn’t look like the lunatic emperor either? Didn’t they say that the emperor was stoic and stone-faced??