Arc 11: Vicious Apocalypse Boss - The Straight Boss Has a Big Tail Chapter 139

Thank you Apoc for the Ko-fi!

Editor: Sahloknir

Shi Qing lazily leaned back on the sofa as the mousy-looking guy continued to blather on about how he should teach so-and-so a lesson.

He treated it as background music as he checked his memories.

This world was actually quite exciting.

It took place in an alternate reality where everyone was going about their normal modern lives, then hey! Suddenly the apocalypse came.

Some people turned into zombies that bit others on sight and could even evolve. Their victims would be infected with the zombie virus and turn into zombies too.

As soon as the zombies appeared, many unprepared humans were wiped out.

Then came the mutated beasts.

Mice became larger than cats, cats became larger than pigs, and pigs became larger than elephants. In short, all animals were now several times their original size.

Another thing all these mutated beasts had in common was their ferocity. They slaughtered humans on sight.

Humanity was culled once more.

Unfortunately, the plants mutated too. And all of them into powerful variants.

Yep, another round of culling ensued.

The former apex predators suddenly became the lowest of prey. Actually, to be more precise, that was what happened to ordinary humans without powers.

The same could not be said for the ability users.

They were able to fight zombies, kill mutated beasts and exterminate mutated plants. Many ability users were able to establish themselves in a position of power.

After all, laws no longer applied after the apocalypse. If an ability user found someone displeasing, they could slaughter them with a wave of their hand. No one would care as long as the victim and his family were powerless.

Beauties, little brothers, resources...

Everything now belonged to the ability users.

And the original host was one such ability user.

Unfortunately, he was also the main villain in the original novel. The kind that the protagonist hated to his bones.

The protagonist was called Song Xiabing. Before the apocalypse, he was known as a philandering playboy with both looks and charm aplenty. But that was just a front he put on to avoid getting involved in his family's internal conflicts while secretly carrying out his plans.

But just as he succeeded, the apocalypse arrived.

He didn't seem to awaken an ability afterwards, but no other ability could affect him.

For example, if a fire ability user hit him with fire, the flame would melt away on contact.

The same went for other abilities.

Everyone thought that this was his ability and a rather useless one at that. After all, how were you supposed to use it offensively? And what good would he be against a gun or even someone's bare fists?

So Song Xiabing's life became much more difficult.

Difficult he could deal with. Unfortunately, his nullification ability led to his discovering the secret of a very famous captain of the base at that time.