Chapter 137.1

Editor: Sahloknir

Ever since Shi Qing took over the Shi family's businesses, he'd basically become so powerful he was untouchable. His previous friends were content with their prodigal playboy lifestyles, so Shi Qing didn't have anyone to show off the mountain of wealth he'd earned.

As a result, the little master was very excited about his cousin Wang Zhancheng's arrival. He tugged at his cousin's sleeve and talked his ear off.

Wang Zhancheng was too busy recovering from the altruistic image he'd had of his cousin being shattered to react.

That was, until a bone-chilling stare startled him back to reality.

He shivered subconsciously and looked up, only to find that the manservant following his little cousin around was staring at him.

This servant was tall and good looking enough, but his features were cold, hard, and gave off a vicious feeling. His light coloured eyes were looking at Wang Zhancheng like he was a dead man walking.

If looks could kill, then he would probably already be stabbed into an unrecognizable lump of meat.

Wang Zhancheng shivered again.

The image being shattered was the least of his problems right now. In accordance with the inexplicable sense of crisis that rose in his heart, he carefully took the corner of Shi Qing's sleeve and removed the hand his cousin was using to tug on his arm enthusiastically.

As expected, that glare lessened in intensity after Shi Qing's hand was gone.

Wang Zhancheng breathed a sigh of relief.

The little master was so excited to have someone to talk to, that he didn't even notice what had happened.

"Cousin, you were right to come to Crane City. I know all the best places here to have fun. After we eat, I'll take you around and show you the sights."

He then patted his chest. "Don't worry Cousin, I'll clear the rest of my schedule today for you. We'll be together all day."

As Shi Qing's words fell, the harsh gaze that had left Wang Zhancheng returned to him with a vengeance.

And it seemed to be even more fierce this time, almost as if someone was staring at him while sharpening a large knife.

Wang Zhancheng: "..."

He couldn't figure out what was going on. All he could do was swallow dryly and squeeze out a weak smile. "I appreciate the offer Cousin, but the long journey has left me weary. I would like to rest awhile first."

Since he was the guest and he wanted to rest, Shi Qing, as the host, couldn't force him to go for a stroll.

The little master could only reluctantly acquiesce and promise to arrange the best guest room for him, among other pleasantries.

So Wang Zhancheng was led away by a servant to rest.

The only people left in the study were Jiang Bieyu and Shi Qing. The man immediately shed the disguise of a loyal and demure servant.

He stepped forward and took Shi Qing into his arms from behind.

Jiang Bieyu's deep voice was quiet and pleasing to the ear. He knew that Shi Qing was both a facecon and a voicecon, so he deliberately showed off his charm when in front of the little master.

"Qing-er, you're so cruel. I travelled all this way to see you, but you're going to ditch me to accompany that nobody cousin of yours?"

Shi Qing struggled for a while but could not break free. Frustrated, he lifted a foot to stomp on Jiang Bieyu's boots.