Chapter 169

Chapter 169

Editor: Sahloknir

The situation was still quite awkward.

Shi Qing had already called off the song and dance, but the fruit and melon skins all over the floor and tables, the half-eaten feast, and the drunken disciples that flushed and smiled nervously when they saw their elders, were not things that could be so easily removed.

These immortal sect masters, all of whom were very famous in the cultivation world, were at this moment in clothes easy to move in and armed to the teeth with weapons and talismans.

Uninvited, they appeared at the entrance of the Steel Bones Sect’s main gates.

Facing off against them were the juniors who had been having the time of their lives just a second before.

The sect masters were all very solemn.

The juniors greeted them, but they dared not approach their elders due to the murderous expressions on their faces.

Shi Qing was the first to recover. He got up with a smile and asked congenially, “Sect Masters, are you here to visit my Steel Bones Sect? What impeccable timing, ah.”

The Sect Masters: “…”

What were they supposed to say at this point?

They came here all riled up, ready to fight to the death to save their disciples, but said disciples were perfectly fine and even enjoying themselves to their hearts’ content.

There was no reason to fight, and it was too humiliating to scold their juniors here in front of everyone.

As for retreating, how were they supposed to retreat when everyone’s already seen them?

In the end, the one with the highest prestige, the Heavenly Derivation Sect Master, opened his mouth to ask, “Sect Master Shi has invited my Sect’s disciples to be your guests? Why didn’t you inform us beforehand? We’ve been searching for them these past few days.”

Shi Qing shrugged. “I just invited them here on a whim. Informing their elders was the last thing on my mind.”

“Besides, you guys didn’t ask either, ah.”

The Sect Masters: “…”

That was technically true.

After all, they zeroed in on the Steel Bones Sect after failing to find their disciples anywhere else.

And since the Steel Bones Sect didn’t get in touch with them before taking their disciples away, of course none of the sect masters thought they had good intentions.

In that case, why would they even bother asking?

All that would serve to accomplish was tipping off the Steel Bones Sect that the jig was up.

It was better to take them by surprise.

Yet unexpectedly, the Sect Masters ended up the ones surprised.

All of their tense, long meetings, their prepared weapons and talismans, their determination to put their lives on the line…

In the end, these disciples were fooling around??!

There was a moment of silence.

One Sect Master was smiling, but it was more of a not-smile. With gritted teeth, he glared at his only son. “San Hua, why didn’t you send word to Father if you were going to be a guest of the Steel Bones Sect.”