Chapter 131

Editor: Sahloknir

The esteemed and noble Jiang family of Crane City could no longer buy even a single grain of rice because of Shi Qing, who everyone thought was a teenage dandy before this matter came to light.

People would laugh their heads off if someone said before that the entire Jiang family did not have enough to eat.

But somehow such a thing had actually happened.

And Shi Qing didn't even try to hide what he was doing. He openly confronted the whole Jiang family.

Every day, the little master sat in his lavish palanquin that even had curtains embroidered with gold thread and had people carry him to all the grain stores with great fanfare.

Every time he arrived at one, he would have people shout a few phrases.

No one was allowed to sell grain to a member of the Jiang family. Anyone who did would be going against him, Shi Qing. Or in other words the entire Shi family.

It was actually pretty easy to identify who was from the Jiang family.

After all, every person who enters or leaves their manor had at least three to five people tailing them. They even had red ribbons tied to their shoulders to distinguish them even more.

The huge commotion the youngest son of the Shi family made had the whole of Crane City buzzing with excitement.

Not just the noble families, even the commoners were discussing how this matter would end.

Would the unrestrained little master of the Shi family, who could come up with strange schemes like this, be suppressed?

Or would the veteran Jiang family be the first to bow down and agree to sign the divorce papers?

In short, this was the latest hot topic.

As one of the people involved, Father Shi discovered for the first time that there are advantages to being shameless.

His prior suffering at Jiang family's manor had been returned to Father Jiang in full.

Now Father Shi slowly sipped his tea with an unhurried look. "Jiang-xiong, you don't need to be angry. Children are inevitably impulsive. Why demean yourself to deal with a junior like him?"

Father Jiang was so furious that he almost flipped the table.

He barely managed to maintain his appearance and smiled with gritted teeth. "Your family's Qing-er is not of age yet, and I heard he isn't a good student either. How could he be capable of causing my Jiang family to be in such a state? This one surnamed Jiang finds it hard to believe that a junior like him is the only one behind this matter, Shi-xiong."

"Aiya, what are you saying?"

Father Shi was all smiles as he set his cup down. He proudly said, "Even I didn't believe it when I first heard about it, but it's true. Although my Qing-er doesn't like to study, he's still my son that I've raised by my side. It's not that strange for someone as gifted as him to do such a big thing like this."

With that, he smiled and stroked his long beard, letting out a long, contented sigh.

"After all, sons resemble their fathers. It's no surprise that Qing-er inherited my intelligence."

Father Jiang: "&#k2026;"

He had never seen such a shameless person before.

When Father Shi saw that the other didn't intend to leave, despite being infuriated, he thought for a moment before turning to a servant, "Go ask Qing-er to come here."